Elisa's Potato Meat Pie (Pastelon de Papa).
You can cook Elisa's Potato Meat Pie (Pastelon de Papa) using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Elisa's Potato Meat Pie (Pastelon de Papa)
- It’s of Potatoes.
- You need 4 lb of potatoes.
- You need 4 oz of Cream cheese.
- It’s of Meat.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Smoked Cooked Ham, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 packages of of Bacon, cut the name small strips.
- It’s 1 small of green pepper.
- It’s 1/2 medium of onion.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sofrito (the recipe is in my profile).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1 bunch of cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare of Topping.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Elisa's Potato Meat Pie (Pastelon de Papa) instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400..
- Chop the onion, pepper & cilantro.
- On the stove, Put it on a pan and add the onions, peppers, smoked ham, bacon, cilantro, sofrito, olive oil, and fry for some seconds, until the onion is glossy..
- Add the beef, salt & pepper to the pan and cook..
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in small squares, add plenty salt to the water and boil..
- When the potatoes are done, mash them, add the cream cheese and add 2 tablespoons of the grease from the cooked meat and mix it very well. (You can add more or less grease from the meat.).
- In a greased pan, put one half of the potatoes on the bottom, put a level of meat on top and them add the rest of the potatoes..
- Beat the egg and pour it on top..
- Add the cheeses..
- Put it in the oven until golden..
- Wait it to cool a little, cut and serve!.