Giant Stuffed Savoury pancake. Stuffed pancakes filled with a mix of scrambled tofu and veggies! These are wrapped in homemade dough and pan-fried to a crisp. Grab a seat at Dewa & Sons – purveyor of Mauritius's favourite street food snack – and prepare to get messy.
Sweet stacks are all well and good, but there's nothing quite like a warm pancake stuffed. Those type of savory pancakes are something of a pain to make. You have to plan ahead… and do things like roll them out, and fold, and roll… yeah no. You can have Giant Stuffed Savoury pancake using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Giant Stuffed Savoury pancake
- It’s 1 cup of Gram flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of semolina.
- It’s 1 tbs of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tbs of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 tbs of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tbs of Carrom seeds.
- You need 1 of chopped onion.
- It’s 1 of chopped tomato.
- It’s 4 tbs of green peas.
- Prepare 2 of green chilies.
- Prepare leaves of Chopped Coriander.
- It’s 1 cup of grated coconut.
- You need 2 of grated Potato.
- You need 1 tbs of black pepper powder.
- You need 1/2 tbs of red chilli powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbs of refined oil.
I end up stuffing my face and you end up without a Korean savory pancake recipe. Giant, Japanese-style rice cooker pancakes made in the instant pot instead. It is not a giant American pancake. The texture is thick, a little dense, slightly chewy, sweet with a crispy top.
Giant Stuffed Savoury pancake instructions
- In a mixing bowl add gram flour, semolina, dry masala, carrom seeds, baking soda and combine..
- Now add water slowly and make a smooth batter. Next add all the chopped veggies, salt and mix. Keep it aside for 20 minutes..
- Now grate the potatoes and transfer in a bowl and add red chilli powder, black pepper powder, salt and mix. Grind the half mixture and mix it with potato mixture..
- Now preheat a non stick tawa and brush some oil. Next spread the potato mixture in a shape of chapati. Now cook it under low flame and cover the lid. Cook for a while and open again and drizzle some drop of oil..
- When it's charred from one side flip to another side. When it's cook completely spread some grated coconut and cook for a while..
- Next pour the prepared batter and spread it evenly. Close the lid and cook under low flame..
- Open the lid and drizzle some drops of oil and cover again. When cooked from one side, flip it to another side..
- When it's cooked divide the crepes into triangle by using laddle/cutter..
- Serve hot with any chutney and dip. Enjoy the morning breakfast..
It was wonderful with syrup, but i want to try it with chinese pork/sauce on it for savory dish. This veggie filled savory chickpea pancake (aka socca, an Italian flatbread or chickpea omelette) is gluten free, grain free and so easy to make! Chickpea Pancake – Gluten free, healthy and filling, this veggie filled chickpea flour pancake is savory, delicious and perfect anytime of day! Not quite convinced by sweet pancakes or want to mix it up? Try out some savoury fillings and don't be afraid to experiment.