Mixed Vegetable Upma. If you want to watch More videos please comment and share your feedback. So it can help me to grow and make more videos. It is the common Indian dish and best Ayurvedic dish for doshic balance.
Mixed Vegetable upma is very easy to prepare and it is also healthy as we are adding vegetables. This is a recipe for a mixed vegetable raita and with a little variation, you can also make salad with it. It is especially useful for those who do not eat dairy products/or do not like curd(yogurt). You can have Mixed Vegetable Upma using 27 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mixed Vegetable Upma
- It’s of Upma.
- You need 1 cup of semolina/ sooji.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of ghee.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 of medium sized Potato, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large Onion, sliced.
- Prepare 10-12 of Beans, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Carrot, finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of green Peas.
- You need 1/4 cup of Sweet Corn.
- It’s 2 of green chillies.
- It’s 2 of fresh or dry red chillies.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of urad dal / split black gram.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 5-6 of curry leaves.
- You need 3-4 cups of hot water.
- You need of White chutney.
- It’s as required of Coconut.
- It’s 2 of Green chillies.
- It’s 4 of Garlic.
- Prepare gram of Roasted Bengal.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need of Tempering for chutney.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Oil.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Mustard seeds.
- You need Pinch of hing/ aesofeotida.
There are so many variations of making Upma or Uppittu. I had earlier blogged about making Upma with cabbage. Since my daughter doesn't like cabbage, I usually make Upma with lots of vegetables. vegetable upma is one of the most common South Indian breakfast recipes, which is now popular all over India. vegetable rava upma is a quick preparation using common ingredients like sooji, mixed. Healthy Vegetable Upma is a popular South Indian recipe, which is savoured by kids and adults, alike.
Mixed Vegetable Upma step by step
- Par boil green peas and sweet corn in some salt and keep ready..
- Chop and slice all vegetables.
- Heat oil and ghee, when hot add mustard seeds and let them splutter..
- Add udad dal and let it brown a little..
- Add chopped chillies and curry leaves and saute.
- Add sliced onions and saute till lightly golden in colour.
- Add beans and cook for a half a minute.
- Add potatoes and carrot. Also season with some salt..
- Add hot water. First add 3 cups water, cover and let the vegetables get soft..
- Till the vegetables cook. In a separate pan roast semolina for 3-4 minutes or till slightly change on colour..
- Add roasted semolina to the vegetable water and stir well so no lumps are formed..
- Add some more water if all the water is observed and semolina looks uncooked..
- Cover with a lid and let upma cook well on low flame..
- I used my pudding pan to serve upma to my kids. They like it very much when I serve things in style..
- I prepared simple white chutney by grinding coconut, garlic, salt, green chillies, roasted Bengal gram.
- Grind to a fine paste, remove in a bowl and add tempering of oil, mustard seeds and pinch of hing..
- Serve upma with chutney and garnish with dry fruits.
Kick start your day with this healthy recipe, which provides all the essential nutrients to your body. Vegetable Upma is a healthy South Indian breakfast recipe. It is traditionally made with dry roasted rava and mixed with carrots, beans. Let's get cooking with this easy recipe for Rava Upma. Home » FoodFood » Sanjeev Kapoor Kitchen » Vegetable Upma.