Shepherd's Pie Twice Baked Potatoes. This hearty meat and potato dish can be made using ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. This recipe features the best of two classics—baked potatoes and shepherd's pie. Serve with a green salad, and satisfaction is guaranteed even for those with the heartiest appetites.
This hearty meat and potato dish can be made using ingredients you probably already have in your pantry! Change up your boring shepherd's pie recipe for St. Patrick's Day with these fun Shepherd's Pie Twice Baked Potatoes. You can have Shepherd's Pie Twice Baked Potatoes using 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie Twice Baked Potatoes
- It’s of For the Beef Part.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1/2-1 of carrot, minced (I used 1/2).
- Prepare 1/2 of medium sized onion, minced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of adobo seasoning.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need of For the Potatoes.
- You need 4 of large Russet Potatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of sour cream.
- You need 2 tbsp of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 cup of cheddar cheese, divided.
- You need 2 tbsp of milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter, melted.
- It’s of Optional.
- You need of Optional Gravies/Sauces to serve with!.
- You need of Beef Gravy.
- You need of Mushroom Gravy.
Normally I'd say Happy March, but it's still February, thanks to that pesky leap day. I was curious as to why we even observe leap years, and to my surprise I learned this. Twice Baked Lentil Shepherds Pie Potatoes Ingredients. Onion and Garlic- these are the only two vegetables you'll have to chop for the filling.
Shepherd's Pie Twice Baked Potatoes step by step
- Preheat oven to 425°. Wash potatoes well..
- Bake potatoes for 45-50 minutes, or until they can be easily stabbed with a fork. (I actually was running late on getting dinner started and have a Potato Express handy, so I used that and microwaved for 5 minutes).
- While the potatoes are baking, mince the onion and carrot. Brown the ground beef, and add the veggies, chili powder, adobo seasoning, and salt and pepper. Stir fry until veggies are tender. (Whoops, forgot to take a picture of the beef!).
- Once potatoes are done baking, carefully cut and outline around the top, pull up the skin, and use a spoon to scoop as much potato out as possible. Be careful not to burn yourself!.
- Add the milk, sour cream, chicken broth, garlic powder, and half of the cheese to the potato innards and mash them. Add more milk if you'd like them creamier..
- Stir the beef mixture into the mashed potatoes until well mixed. Set aside..
- In a small bowl or cup, melt the butter. Add the flour and any additional spices (I added extra adobo) and stir to make a thick paste. Spread this paste into the bottom of and sides of the potatoes..
- Stuff the potatoes with the beef mixture, and pile it on top too!.
- Add remaining cheese and bake for 10inutes, or until cheese has melted..
- Enjoy! We ate ours with a bit of sour cream on the side. I had Mac n cheese with mine, because I'll never say no to Mac n cheese! :).
Russet Potatoes- this variety tends to work the best for twice baking as the skin is thicker than yukon golds. Pierce the potatoes with a fork in a few spots. Shepherd's pie ground beef filling and potato topping are loaded into a baked potato skin in this fun twice-baked potato recipe. Take twice-baked potatoes and add a wintertime fave – shepherd's pie – and you come up with this tasty meal! It's my revamp of a recipe that was in our newspaper a couple.