Pav Bhaji. Pav Bhaji Recipe with video and step by step photos. Pav Bhaji is a popular street food from mumbai consisting of spiced smooth mashed mix vegetables, served with lightly toasted buttered bread. Pav bhaji recipe with video & step by step photos – A delicious blend of mix veggies cooked in butter & spices, served with soft butter tasted buns.
Street food doesn't get better than this! Pav Bhaji is a popular Indian street food. Pav Bhaji is made with potatoes and vegetables cooked in a tomato base, and enjoyed with pav or dinner rolls. You can have Pav Bhaji using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pav Bhaji
- You need 1 cup of each of capsicum, carrots, potato, peas, cabbage and cauliflower.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of ginger-garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 of tomato, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of oil.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp or as required of butter.
- You need 1 tsp. of tomato paste (opt).
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- You need 1-2 tbsp. of pav bhaji masala / garam masala powder.
- Prepare as required of few pavs (bread).
- You need as required of onion, green chilies & lime wedges.
Pav Bhaji – a spicy curry of mixed vegetables (bhaji) cooked in a special blend of spices and served with soft buttered pav (bread bun shallow fried in butter), is any Indian food lover's dream. pav bhaji recipe with homemade pav in cooker Both Pav and Bhaji are served together along with chopped onions and lemon wedge. Pav Bhaji being native to Maharashtra especially to Mumbai is enjoyed globally. Pav Bhaji is a favorite fast food dish in India.
Pav Bhaji instructions
- Pressure cook the veggies in 1 cup water for 3-4 whistles. Heat oil in pan and saute the onion till light brown..
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, tomato paste and all the dry spices mixed with some water to form a paste. Saute till the oil separates..
- Then add the tomatoes and continue to fry till it is mashed..
- Add the boiled veggies & continue to simmer, mashing it simultaneously..
- When done, add some butter and mix well..
- Toast the pav halves in butter on a tawa..
- Enjoy this delicious dish of pav Bhaji, accompanied with chopped onion, chopped coriander leaves, green chilies and a dash of lime..
Pav is buns and bhaji is the mixed spicy vegetables. This is a very popular dish with roadside vendors. Pav Bhaji is the ultimate street food from Mumbai, a city that's always close to my heart. It's a mad mash of potatoes, tomatoes, onions, cauliflower, green peppers, green peas and spices, and you. Pav Bhaji Masala Recipe: Pav Bhaji is one of the most popular Indian snacks, specially in Maharashtra.