Potato Moussaka. It earned high marks when we. This potato moussaka recipe is perfect comford food for the cold weather. The layers of moussaka can be made of different ingredients, but delicious every time!
She's quite similar to her somewhat sloppier cousin, Eggplant Moussaka which can be found all over Greece (and originates. I cook a lot, I experiment a lot in the kitchen, I always try new things and I become very enthusiastic when it comes to food and new recipes generally. Moussaka is a casserole-type dish made by layering potato rounds and ground beef, which are then baked together and finished off with an egg. You can cook Potato Moussaka using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato Moussaka
- It’s 500 g of ground beef.
- You need 800 g of potato.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- It’s 400 ml of milk.
- Prepare of some fresh parsley.
- Prepare of salt, pepper, some oil and butter.
Beef Potato Moussaka, Classic Greek Moussaka, Moussaka (Meat And Potatoes, Greek Style), etc. This low calorie potato moussaka is a tasty midweek dinner the whole family will love, with an easy gluten free option. Potato Moussaka recipe made by layering thinly sliced potato chips with a meat filling, and topped off with scrambled eggs. Mom's moussaka usually had layered potatoes, beef, tomatoes and then was covered in a thick white sauce.
Potato Moussaka step by step
- Peel and slice your potatoes and fry them with some sunflower oil (or the one you prefer) in a large skillet just until the edges start getting brown. Just a little so it gets the taste. Put it aside on a paper towel to get the extra oil off..
- Chop carrots, onion, garlic and parsley. Fry the carrots and onion with some oil on medium heat until they are soft..
- Add meat, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Fry and stir until it gets brown and dry mixing everything and splitting the meat into small pieces. You can add ground pepper, some fresh spicy peppers or any dry herbs you like at this point..
- Whisk eggs by hand and add milk and some salt and pepper. Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F)..
- Grease a deep oven dish with some butter and start with layer of potatoes then a layer of meat. Finish with the final layer of potatoes and pour the egg/milk mix evenly over everything..
- Bake for 45min – 1 hour. You will know it's done when all potatoes on top become crispy brown..
The beef was always perfectly seasoned, the potatoes soft and the sauce was rich. Traditional Macedonian Moussaka – An easy Moussaka recipe made with ground beef, spices, and potatoes. Fully Loaded Cheese And Bacon Mashed Potatoes – Vegan Pesto Mashed Potatoes. Many very traditional versions of moussaka use a layer of potatoes. Most modern versions do not which is a shame.