Malai Mushroom. Talking about the types, there are – button, enoki, morel, oyster, shiitake, porcini, chanterelle and portabella. Mushroom mattar methi malai is a rich, creamy and filling vegan dish that's full of flavor. The mushrooms add a meaty quality to the dish and the peas just sort of pop in your mouth – the combination makes for a fun and tasty texture Mughlai Mushroom Malai is rich, creamy and delicious curry.
Mushroom Malai is a creamy dish that traces its roots to the Mughlai cuisine. Mughlai cuisine is known for its rich texture and creamy nature of the dishes as Cream and cashewnuts etc are used in cooking. It was supposedly served during the Mughal period to the kings and the rulers then. You can cook Malai Mushroom using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Malai Mushroom
- You need 1 cup of Mushrooms, diced.
- It’s 2 of onions, diced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of grated Garlic.
- It’s 1 of small sized onions, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 2 of Tomatoes, grated or chopped or paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Coriander powder.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of chopped Green chillies.
- You need 1 tsp of Kitchen king.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Garam Masala.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of Malai.
- Prepare of Salt as per taste.
- It’s Aa needed of Water.
- Prepare Pinch of asafoetida.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of Cumin seeds.
- It’s 1-2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1/2-1 tsp of Kasoori methi.
Mushroom Malai Matar Recipe: Our mushroom malai matar recipe makes for a delicious dish that's full of flavourful and enticing tastes. As the name suggests, mushroom malai matar consists of mushrooms, matar (green peas), and malai (fresh cream), flavoured with aromatics, and thickened and enriched with almonds and cashew nuts to make a creamy, mildly spiced dish. Grind ginger, green chilies and tomatoes. Heat ghee in a pan and fry onions until it turns pink.
Malai Mushroom step by step
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in Kadhai on medium low flame. Add cumin seeds, asafoetida. After then add chopped onions and garlic and stir..
- Add bay leaves and green chillies and stir. Then Tomato paste and ginger garlic paste. Mix well..
- Add little bit of salt and cover the lid (should be on Low flame)..
- Start adding all the masalas and salt too. Stir and add 1/2 cup of water. Then add chopped mushrooms..
- Add Kasoori methi and diced onions. Mix well..
- Add 1 or 2 tbsp of malai and mix. Cover it with lid for a minute on low flame and then turn off the flame..
- After 2-3 minutes, open the lid. Your Delicious Malai Mushrooms are ready. Drizzle little malai on sabji while serving. Serve hot with Naan, Roti or Steamed Rice..
Fry tomatoes in it and then put cream and mushroom. Cook at low flame until mushroom softens. Mushrooms are simply cooked in delicious gravy made with cream i.e malai. You can use homemade or store bought cream in this and all dairy products such as ghee, yogurt, cheese and cream are important ingredients in this recipe. Mushroom Matar Malai is an easy and simple variation of methi matar malai which is a famous North Indian dish, readily available in any Indian restaurant and often relished with rotis, naan, parathas, puris (all varieties of Indian flatbread, roasted or fried) etc.