Southwest Tatertot Casserole. Turn off the heat and arrange the tater tots on top of the vegetable mixture. Tater tots will bring about world peace. Southwest egg and tater-tot casserole is full of veggies and protein plus it is super simple to whisk up and bake.
TEX-MEX TATER TOT CASSEROLE — A Southwest seasoned ground beef filling with black beans and corn is topped with cheese and crunchy tater tots in this remake of a classic hot dish. When I was a kid, my mom made tater tot casserole on a regular basis. Breakfast casserole with chorizo, tater tots, bell pepper, cheese and eggs. You can cook Southwest Tatertot Casserole using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Southwest Tatertot Casserole
- You need 1 packages of Frozen Tater tots.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 packages of Taco Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 packages of Ultimate Southwest Blend – Frozen Vegetables.
- You need 1 can of Campbell's Cheddar Cheese.
- It’s 2 cup of Shredded Cheese (cheddar or any you choose).
- You need 1 can of sliced olives.
- It’s 1 1/2 bunch of Green onions.
- Prepare 1 of sour cream.
This tater tot casserole is a perfect vessel to sneak in a ton of veggies without sacrificing any of the cheesy potato indulgence. Have you tried the Tatertots rounds?? They are a flatter version of tatertots and I used them in this recipe. Here's the super easy recipe Best Tater Tot Casserole.
Southwest Tatertot Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°..
- Brown ground beef in large pan until done..
- Add Taco Seasoning to the beef & follow packet directions..
- Add cheese soup to taco meat & mix well..
- Add the vegetables to the taco meat & mix well. Turn burner off after everything is mixed together, even if cold..
- Spread the taco meat mixture onto the bottom of a non-stick cake pan, spreading it out evenly..
- Add the uncooked frozen tatertot's laying them out on top of the taco mixture. I make rows of tatertot's so they are neat & even. That way they get more crunchy & cook evenly..
- Put into the oven for 45 minutes or until the tatertot's are cooked thoroughly..
- Add about 2 cups of shredded Cheese on top of the tatertot's evenly & drain olives & add those as well. (I used cheddar cheese). Then broil for 4-5 minutes in oven or until cheese is slightly browned..
- Top with sour cream & chopped green onions and enjoy!!!.
Easy dinners are my favorite and I'm a big fan of casseroles, as you well I love this easy tater tot casserole recipe because it takes only a handful of ingredients and most can. The secret to this casserole is the layer of creamed spinach in the middle. Arrange the Tater Tots in concentric circles on top and spray with canola oil cooking spray. I know that casseroles are a big thing in the midwest. Although they are often called Hot Dish.