"Picadillo" Hash- My Grandmother's Recipe. Perhaps your grandmother added cumin, mint, or even chipotle peppers. This is just a basic recipe for picadillo that will allow you to make your own version For many, this is also a comfort food, a hash made out of ground beef and potatoes that can be as diverse as your imagination (and your supply of. This is my grandmother's Cuban picadillo (ground beef hash/chili) recipe which is usually served with white rice, beans and plantains.
You can add any veggies you like, but here is an easy delicious way to make it. This recipe is also makes a great. Picadillo, Mexican style ground beef, is a popular lunch meal particularly in Northern Mexico. You can cook "Picadillo" Hash- My Grandmother's Recipe using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of "Picadillo" Hash- My Grandmother's Recipe
- Prepare 1 lb of GROUND BEEF.
- You need 1 large of sliced carot.
- You need 2 medium of Gold Potatoes chopped (could be russett).
- It’s 1 of ground cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of warm water.
- Prepare of salt.
Picadillo is an easy dish to prepare that's in every home cook's repertoire. Your recipe is close to mine but richer with a few additions! Yours is a keeper and I thank you for sharing it with the world! Puerto Rican Picadillo is a ground beef hash made with beef, potatoes and sofrito.
"Picadillo" Hash- My Grandmother's Recipe step by step
- cut the veggies- dice the potatoes in large pieces and cut the carrots in thin slices ( You can add more potatoes and carrots if you want) This recipe serves 5 people.
- heat the stove to medium high and season beef with about a tsp ground cumin, about a tsp of salt, and 1/4 black pepper and then place seasoned beef onto pan. cook until browned ( before its finished cooking add the potatoes and carrots).
- once the beef is cooked add warm water to the mixture (just enough water to cover the mix of beef and veggies).
- Bring mix to a boil and allow for carrots and potatoes to soften up. Taste soup to see if it needs more salt. Add salt if needed.
- Picadillo is served hot and serves about 5 people.
The picadillo is then used in empanadas or papa rellenos. My Puerto Rican recipe series continues. The first is for Puerto Rican Picadillo, which is a ground beef hash. And just in case you didn't know, my husband and his family are all Mexican. Learn how to make Picadillo Con Carne de Res (Potato-and-Beef Hash).