Picadillo meet Southern Fried Cabbage. Place the bacon and vegetable oil into a large pot over medium heat. This easy to make Picadillo is a classic meat and potatoes dish bursting with flavour. There are many ways to cook Picadillo.
It is really not "Fried" so don't be alarmed! Fried Cabbage is one of those things that we've been making for years, but also one of those things that I never thought to put on the blog! When I was growing up, mom made cabbage quite often. You can have Picadillo meet Southern Fried Cabbage using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Picadillo meet Southern Fried Cabbage
- Prepare 2 pounds of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 cup of Golden raisins.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sofrito.
- It’s 1/3 cup of dehydrated onion.
- Prepare 2/3 head of cabbage.
- Prepare 1 pound of red potatoes.
- You need 1-1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 15 ounce of can of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of minced green olives.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of capers.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
It was cheap and we all liked it a lot. I remember she would always cut out the core and leave it for Dad. Southern Fried Cabbage – So simple yet absolutely ADDICTING!!! Bacon gives it the smoky flavor that is put over the top by a little bit of brown sugar and apple cider vinegar!!
Picadillo meet Southern Fried Cabbage instructions
- Wash and dice the potatoes, don't peel. Heat the oil and add the potatoes and ground beef..
- Chop the cabbage. Add the cabbage, salt, garlic, and dehydrated onions, to the potatoes and beef..
- Mince the olive, crush the capers, and add the raisins..
- Stir well. Cover and let simmer 15 minutes..
- Stir well add the rest of the ingredients cover and simmer till the potatoes are fork tender, also the cabbage tender..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
Southern fried cabbage is a very simple cabbage dish prepared often as here, with a bit of butter, bacon & onion. I like to add cider vinegar and dried pepper flakes We southerners know this dish as "fried" cabbage, even though it's usually a mixture of sautéing, and braising or stewing, being cooked. She prepares southern-inspired meals for her family and friends and shares her favourite recipes that have been passed down from generations. He makes sticky baby back ribs, smoked burgers and Caesar salad with a grilled spring cabbage twist. This recipe for fried cabbage and bacon is anything but bland.