Mushroom Biryani (South Indian). South Indian Tamilnadu style Spicy Mushroom biriyani / Kalan masala biryani recipe. Mushroom Biriyani is my dad's trademark recipe. Mushroom Biryani Recipe with step by step photos.
Unlike other Biryanis, This mushroom biryani is not layered and dum cooked, but a one pot recipe. Biryani is a one pot meal with delicious taste. I make different variety of biryani/pulao once in a week at. You can cook Mushroom Biryani (South Indian) using 29 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mushroom Biryani (South Indian)
- Prepare of Paste 1:.
- Prepare 1 of . Ginger – 2 inch.
- It’s 2 of . Garlic – 5 pods.
- It’s of Make this into smooth paste and keep aside.
- Prepare of Paste 2:.
- Prepare 1 of . Onion – 1 medium.
- Prepare of Make the puree of onion and keep aside.
- It’s of Paste 3:.
- You need 1 of . Tomato – 3 medium.
- It’s of Puree the tomato without bits and keep aside.
- It’s of Other Ingredients:.
- It’s 1 of . Oil – 2 tbsp.
- Prepare 2 of . Ghee – 2 tbsp.
- You need 3 of . Cinnamon – 2 sticks.
- It’s 4 of . Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp.
- It’s 5 of . Clove – 3.
- Prepare 6 of . Cardamom – 2.
- You need 7 of . Mace – 1.
- Prepare 8 of . Star anise – 1.
- Prepare 9 of . Brinji leaf – 1.
- It’s 10 of . Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
- Prepare 11 of . Cashews – 10.
- Prepare 12 of . Onion – 2 sliced thinly.
- Prepare 13 of . Green chilli – 2 sliced.
- It’s 14 of . Coriander leaves – handful chopped.
- Prepare 15 of . Mint leaves – 20 leaves chopped.
- You need 16 of . Mushroom – 2cups cubed.
- Prepare 17 of . Seeraga samba rice – 1 cup (Wash the rice soak for 10 min).
- Prepare 18 of . Water – 2 cups.
Aromatic South Indian style biryani with mushrooms/Kalan. The South Indian biryani is cooked more in the style of a pilau with the rice cooked in the masala. Not being a purist, I think it's a fabulous dish and the flavours are just as fragrant. I love using slightly different spices in this dish (especially the star anise) to add the aniseed notes that are so delicious.
Mushroom Biryani (South Indian) instructions
- 1. Heat pressure cooker add oil and ghee. Once the ghee melted add cinnamon, fennel seeds, clove, cardamom, mace, start anise, brinji leaf, cumin seeds and cashews. 2. Once the cashews turns golden brown add sliced onion to this. Add little salt. 3. Now add onion puree and ginger garlic paste to this. 4. Once the raw smells goes off add the tomato puree..
- 5. Once the oil comes out from the sides add coriander leaves and chopped mint. 6. Now add the mushroom. 7. Now add the soaked rice and 2 cups of water. Check the salt and stir it..
- 8. Close with the lid and cook until rice done completely. 9. Instead of pressure cooker you can use rice cooker as well. 10. Serve hot with raita and chips..
Close the pan with lid and cook till the rice is done. While serving mushroom biryani garnish or decorate with some mint or coriander leaves. Mushroom Biryani – Yayy Finally I got to learn how to make mushroom biryani. I made few adjustments to the veg biryani I make and came up with this recipe….should say it turned out great and had a thumps up from hubby. I am really very happy to write a guest post for one of the inspiring.