Sweet potato nutritious balls. Sweet potatoes should not be confused with yams, another starchy root widely grown in Western Africa. Sweet potato greens are also edible. In fact, the tender shoots and leaves contain more nutrients and dietary fiber than some of the popular green leafy.
Sweet Potato Balls – crispy deep fried sweet potato dough balls coated with sesame seeds. This Malaysian snack is great for This type of potatoes make the best sweet potato balls. Avoid using orange or purple color sweet potatoes. You can have Sweet potato nutritious balls using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet potato nutritious balls
- It’s 1 of medium size sweet potato.
- It’s 1 tbsp of clarified butter/ ghee.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of honey or jaggery powder.
- Prepare 1 piece of chocolate or 1 spoon choco chips optional*.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Grated fresh coconut or chopped dry fruits or nuts as per choice.
Can I Use Air Fryer To. Here's how to make those awesome sweet potato balls found at Taiwan Night Markets. Sweet potatoes are nutritious, high in fiber, very filling, and delicious. They can be eaten boiled, baked, steamed, or fried.
Sweet potato nutritious balls instructions
- Wash peel and cut sweet potato in very small pieces and steam them in a steamer for 15-20 minutes or till soften enough to mash..
- In a bowl mash the sweet potato pieces with a fork or a potato masher while still hot..
- Add butter and honey and stir..
- At this stage you can mix chopped nuts and broken chocolate/ choco chips if you wish to add. It will melt automatically since the mixture is hot enough. Cook for 2 minutes more just to make it thick to bind..
- Grease your palm and Make small lemon size balls when still warm..
- Healthy and yummy sweet ready to relish for kiddos. They will like it for sure..
- Tip…Can replace butter with ghee and honey with jaggery to get a different variant. Also can roast in ghee like we do for halwa but more you cook, more you loose it's nutrients..
Sweet potatoes are usually orange but also found in other colors, such as white, red, pink, violet, yellow, and purple. In some parts of North America. Striking the balance between vibrant, versatile and delicious, sweet potatoes have become a pretty common component of the modern diet. From sweet potato fries to casseroles to pies and beyond, there are a myriad of ways to enjoy this tasty tuber. Sweet potatoes are nutritionally dense sources of starch, and provide significant sources of antioxidants and compounds that improve blood sugar, insulin sensitivity What about the sweet potato nutrition profile makes them different than their other potato relatives?