Spicy Slow Cooker Chicken Stew. Old El Paso™ salsa provides a flavorful addition to this spicy chicken stew that's made using corn, Progresso™ broth and corn tortillas – perfect for dinner. Dakdoritang (or dakbokkeumtang) is a chicken dish that's cooked in a spicy red sauce along with vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, and onions. With a good recipe, the slow cooked food turns out tender and flavorful, not mushy and watery.
Distribute chicken evenly on top of vegetables and pour chicken broth over chicken. All Reviews for Slow Cooker Chicken Stew. Slow Cooker Chicken Stew. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. You can have Spicy Slow Cooker Chicken Stew using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Slow Cooker Chicken Stew
- It’s 1 kg of Chicken pieces.
- It’s 500 grams of mixed vegetables.
- You need 300 grams of Chorizo sausage, sliced.
- You need 1 large of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 50 grams of Spicy chicken thick soup stew (Royco).
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Chicken spice.
- You need 1 tbsp of origanum.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 6 clove of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 500 ml of water.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
This easy chicken stew is cooked in the slow cooker with potatoes, carrots, onion soup mix, and tomato sauce. It's a simple combination of ingredients that is sure to please a hungry family. Just throw the ingredients together in the slow cooker and go about your day. Remove chicken from slow cooker; shred meat with two forks.
Spicy Slow Cooker Chicken Stew step by step
- I used chicken breasts and drumsticks (as there aren't that many bones in them), but use any pieces you'd like. First I scored them. Then in a bowl, I combined the salt, ground black pepper, chicken spice, origanum, and thyme, and tossed them with the chicken. Then I drizzled the olive oil over the chicken.
- Then in a large pan, melt one stick butter. Fry the onion and garlic on medium to high heat for about 3 mins.
- Add the chorizos, and fry for a further 5 mins.
- Add the chicken, and brown (5 – 10mins).
- While the chicken is frying, layer your mixed vegetables on the bottom of a greased slow cooker. Choose your favourite vegetables (I used a mixed bag of broccoli, cauliflower, pumpkin, potatoes, carrots and baby marrows).
- Once chicken is browned, transfer to the slow cooker, layering on top of the mix vegetables.
- In a measuring jug, make a paste with the spicy chicken thick soup stew powder, with a little cold water. Keep adding water and mixing until you have 500ml (I used the Royco variety, but use whatever is available in your country, or closest to it).
- Pour over chicken over chicken and vegetables. Add the bay leaf.
- Turn slow cooker onto high (5 – 6hrs) or on low (7 – 8hrs). Test sauce 3/4 of the way and adjust seasoning accordingly.
- (optional) serve with mash or on a bed of rice.
Skim fat from cooking juices; stir in apricots. Return shredded chicken to slow cooker; heat though. Freeze option: Freeze cooled stew in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. The flavors of this slow cooker Ethiopian chicken stew are BOLD, and this stew is very hearty.