Rissoles and Roast Potatoes. They have the best rissole potatoes I've ever had. Traditionally, they are new potatoes peeled bare, parboiled, then crisped in butter. You might also like these smashed roasted potatoes with bacon, mustard and thyme.
I have these sitting in the fridge, these actual ones in the photo below, including the mashed potato, ready to be reheated for dinner tonight. Roast rissoles – download this royalty free Stock Photo in seconds. Marinated mushrooms served with roasted meatballs and mashed potatoes. You can have Rissoles and Roast Potatoes using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rissoles and Roast Potatoes
- You need 500 grams of Beef Mince.
- It’s 1 each of Egg.
- You need 1/3 cup of Bread Crumbs.
- You need 1 tsp of Mixed Herbs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Tomato Sauce.
- You need 2 each of Potatoes.
- You need 1 tbsp of Butter.
Baby potatoes fried in butter with lots of fresh herbs. This is a French potato preparation that seems fancy but is really easy. A rissole (from Latin russeolus, meaning reddish, via French in which "rissoler" means "to [make] redden") is a small patty enclosed in pastry, or rolled in breadcrumbs, usually baked or deep fried. It is filled with savory ingredients, most often minced meat or fish, and is served as an entrée, main course.
Rissoles and Roast Potatoes instructions
- Preheat Oven to 200ºC.
- Chop up your Potatoes into quarters..
- Boil a pot of water and put in your potatoes until soft..
- Put your mince, bread crumbs, mixed herbs, tomato sauce and egg into a bowl and mix up..
- Add anything as necessary you want a soft sticky batter but not dripping wet..
- Make mince mixture into balls..
- Meanwhile place your potatoes on a greased tray. Add butter herbs and salt and pepper and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Fry up your rissoles in a pan usually for about 15 – 20 min.
- Serve and enjoy :-).
Ultra-crispy roast potatoes with soft, creamy insides, compliment a turkey dinner perfectly. You can roast potatoes of any size, but I like a medium potato. For faster cooking you can halve them I do make a vegetable type croquette that I call rissoles. These roast potatoes maximize the crisp-to-creamy contrast in each chunk of potato. We've tested and retested every variable, from cut size to potato type to boiling and roasting methods.