layered potato hamburger casserole. This is a versatile casserole as well. Add a layer of corn, green beans, or thinly sliced carrots. If the beef is not lean, brown it first and discard the Seasoning each layer lightly with salt and pepper, layer the thinly sliced potatoes, celery, ground beef, onions, bell pepper, and diced tomatoes in the baking.
Place a layer of sliced potatoes in casserole dish, top with half of hamburger/onion mixture. Salt and pepper to taste (kind of depends on how salty your cheese sauce is – you can always salt it later if it needs it). Repeat layering of potato slices and hamburger mixture (and salt and pepper if desired). You can have layered potato hamburger casserole using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of layered potato hamburger casserole
- It’s of layers.
- It’s 5 large of potatoes sliced longways peeled and washed.
- You need 1 of salt to tastes.
- It’s 1 medium of granulated garlic powder sprinkle on sliced potatoes.
- It’s 2 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese shredded.
- You need of meat sauce.
- It’s 2 1/4 lb of ground chuck.
- You need 1/2 cup of raisins.
- You need 1 of granulated garlic powder to taste.
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste.
- It’s 1 tsp of basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano whole leaf dried.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 28 oz of tomato puree.
Layer potatoes, beef, soup, and cheese in the crock pot casserole pan. Then repeat until all the ingredients are layered in. This hamburger potato casserole is easy to make and tastes great. It is perfect for summer because you don't have to turn the oven on, but I know we will love it in the winter.
layered potato hamburger casserole instructions
- I used a pan /pot 10 inch by 4 inch deep spray well with nonstick spray salt the bottom lightly.
- lay a layer of potatoes sliced longways.
- sprinkle on sliced potatoes granulated garlic powder.
- for the sauce brown the chuck add onions spices raisins add the puree then the sugar stir taste season retaste reseason if necessary.
- add a coating of sauce followed by potatoes.
- add a layer of cheese.
- season potatoes.
- add cheese.
- add sauce potatoes then cheese.
- bake in oven 450°F Fahrenheit till done.
Layered Hamburger and Potato Casserole Step-by-Step. Like I was babbling about above…if you don't care for/can't have an item listed in the ingredients…substitute. A perfect example is the kidney beans in this recipe. Old-Fashioned Cheesy Scalloped Potato & Hamburger Casserole ~ The Secret Recipe Club. Do a nice layer of one third each the potatoes, then the beef and onions, the shredded cheese, and evenly drizzle with the cream sauce mixture.