Chili Cheese Burger Tater Tot Casserole. The chili cooks while the tater tots partially bake …. but if you really wanted to, you could use canned chili instead and save yourself that step – although, I highly recommend making the chili yourself. It just tastes better in my humble opinion. I did not put beans in this … but if you want to, feel free to add.
Thank you for sharing your recipe! Might try it out one night for dinner. This family-friendly casserole is the perfect mashup of chili cheese dogs and tater tot casserole. You can cook Chili Cheese Burger Tater Tot Casserole using 21 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chili Cheese Burger Tater Tot Casserole
- Prepare 2 lb of Hamburger.
- Prepare 1/4 lb of Bacon.
- You need 1/2 cup of Santa Fe Style Tortilla Strips or Your Fav. Flavor Doritos.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Diced Onion.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Diced Roasted Red Peppers.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Diced Green Peppers.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Minced Garlic.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s 1 of chili powder.
- You need 1 of paprika.
- Prepare 1 of black pepper and Salt.
- You need 1 can of Sloppy Joe Sauce.
- Prepare 1 can of Chili Sauce with Beans.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Melted Velveeta (or one Cheese Sauce Pkg from a Box of Mac and Cheese).
- Prepare 1 cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
- You need 1 cup of Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
- It’s 2 lb of bag Tater Tots.
- Prepare 1 of Cooking Spray.
- You need 1/4 cup of Freshly Chopped Green Onions (Optional).
- Prepare 1 of Sour Cream (Optional).
Meanwhile, season the beef with salt and pepper. This cheeseburger Tater Tot® casserole is a quick and easy weeknight dinner that's family friendly. Cheeseburger Tater Tot® Casserole. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Sliced hot dogs, chili, tater tots, and cheddar cheese combine to make an easy and delicious meal.
Chili Cheese Burger Tater Tot Casserole step by step
- Brown Hamburger, drain and set aside..
- Cook Bacon, cool, and crumble. Mix with crumbled Santa Fe Style Tortilla Strips/Doritos. Set aside..
- In a skillet, heat olive oil. Add Onion, Roasted Red Peppers, Green Peppers, and Minced Garlic. Sauté until browned..
- In a kettle, combine Sloppy Joe Sauce and Chili Sauce with Beans. Add Sautéed ingredients from step 3..
- Add spices to Sauce to taste. Heat until bubbling..
- Spray a 13X9 inch baking dish (preferably glass) with cooking spray and cover the bottom with about 3/4 of the Tater Tots..
- Cover Tots with 3/4 of the Sauce..
- Drizzle the Cheese Pouch/Melted Velveeta over Tots and Sauce..
- Layer with 3/4 of the Shredded Mozzarella and Sharp Cheddar Cheeses..
- Scatter the remaining Tots on top and press them down lightly..
- Bake uncovered in Oven at 350°F for approx. 40 mins..
- Top Casserole with remaining Shredded Cheese and Bacon/Tortilla Crumbles..
- Continue Baking for 5 to 10 more mins. until Cheese begins to brown slightly..
- Top with Freshly chopped green onions and serve with Sour Cream (optional).
I use canned chili for this Cheesy Hot Dog Tater Tot Casserole but you could use homemade. Try this easy Cheeseburger Tator Tot Casserole Recipe. You can add taco seasoning and some salsa and make it a taco tator tot casserole. The possibilities are endless with this simple tatortot casserole recipe. Tater Tot Casserole Without Cream Of Mushroom Soup Recipes.