Ladybirds Little Potato Pies .. Every year we want to make your holiday season as joyful and triumphant as possible, so you can still enjoy each of our recipes This is some truly next level comfort food. A homemade pot pie full of veggies like carrots, celery, mushrooms, and Creamer potatoes. Photo "Potato ladybird" can be used for personal and commercial purposes according to the conditions of the purchased Royalty-free license.
Just one bite of the sumptuously smooth sweet potato filling, and you will be converted for life. It's no secret how much I love sweet potatoes. Hearty, comfort food at its finest. You can have Ladybirds Little Potato Pies . using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ladybirds Little Potato Pies .
- You need 2 cup of plainflour.
- It’s 150 grams of butter – cubed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cold water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion – diced.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic – crushed.
- It’s 500 grams of beef mince.
- It’s 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- It’s 1 cup of beef stock.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1 pinch of cracked black pepper.
- It’s 4 large of potatoes.
- You need 1/4 cup of cream.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese.
Shepherd's Pie with Sweet Potato Topping is a family-pleasing, meal prep friendly and an incredibly tasty recipe. Many sweet potato pie recipes call for boiling the sweet potatoes on the stovetop until tender, but I believe that the best sweet Sure, whole sweet potatoes take at least an hour to bake in the oven, but that cook time is completely hands-off. There's no peeling, no dicing, and no tending to a boiling pot. Cute bite size sweet potato pies.
Ladybirds Little Potato Pies . step by step
- TO MAKE THE PASTRY : sift flour and salt into a bowl and add the cubed butter and rub butter into the flour using your fingertips until mixture resembles breadcrumbs then make a well in the center of the flour mix and add the egg yolk and water to the flour well , mixing with a round bladed knife to form a manageable dough , which leaves the sides of the bowl clean and all is combined together now knead together until a smooth dough , wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed ..
- PREPARING THE POTATOES : Wash , peel and cut the potatoes and place them in a pot of boiling water and boil for about 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through , soft and tender , remove from heat and drain well , place drained potatoes into a bowl and mash them up well with the butter , once mashed well add the cream and whisk the cream through till smooth and creamy , set aside to cool ..
- PREPARING THE FILLING : Heat the olive oil in a large frypan and add the onions and cook for 5 minutes until soft now add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes , now add the mince , breaking the mince up , and cook over medium heat until mince is cooked through and browned , breaking up any lumps whilst cooking , next sprinkle the flour over the meat and stir through to combine , then add the beef stock , tomato paste , worcestershire sauce , salt and cracked black pepper to the pan and mix through well for a couple of minutes to combine all well , now bring to the boil then reduce heat slightly to simmer and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes or until mixture has reduced and thickened , then take off the heat and set aside to cool whilst you prepare pastry cases ..
- PREPARING THE PASTRY CASES : Brush patty tins / muffin tins lightly with oil or melted butter . Place chilled prepared pastry dough into a lightly floured surface and roll the pastry out very thinly . Using a glass as a guide , cut out 18 circles from the rolled out pastry . Place one pastry circle per patty tin hole , pressing in lightly to fit patty tin hole . once tins are full place them in a preheated oven at 200°C / 400°F and blind bake pastry cases lined with baking paper full of bean or rice to stop the inside of the pastry from rising and cake for 7 minutes then remove the paper and beans/rice and cook for a further 5 minutes , remove from heat and place on cooling rack to cool completely ..
- BUILDING THE POTATO PIES : Place the pastry cases on a baking paper lined baking tray and place spoonfuls of the prepared mince mixture into the individual pie cases till it reaches when top . now take a spoonful or two of the potato mixture and spread it over top of the meat filled pastry cases , you can rough up the potato surface with a fork if desired or you can pipe the mashed potato mix onto the meat filled pastry cases in a decorative way or as i did just smooth the surface over top and bring to a little peak ..
- THE COOKING PROCESS : Place prepared potato pies into the preheated oven at 200°C /400°F for 7 minutes , till potato tops harden a little , now add a little of the grated cheese to the top of each individual pie top and continue to cook for a further 7-10 minutes or until cheese has melted and is lightly golden , remove from the oven and place on serving plate , serve hot . enjoy . 🙂 ..
Always a winner for the holidays and easy enough to make! Great for holiday dinner parties or sweet appetizers! I made these for Thanksgiving and they are tasty little pies. Sweet Potato Buttermilk Pie Adapted only slightly from The Lee Bros. Whipped egg whites give this pie a frothy texture, buttermilk gives it a tangy flavor and as for the excess sweet potatoes i would strongly encourage you to puree them up for your little man! i went crazy during the.