Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC. Hearty, comfort food at its finest. Shepherd's Pie with Sweet Potato Topping is a family-pleasing, meal prep friendly and an incredibly tasty recipe. How to Make Vegan Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie.
The perfect fall recipe and the ultimate comfort food that can be on your dinner table in no time. The sweet potatoes bake in the oven for a while but it's really a hands-off element to the dish. And then The filling is made on the stove top. You can have Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC
- It’s 2 1/2 lb of sweet potatoes, peeled, diced into 1/2in. pieces.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of 1% milk.
- You need 3 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of lean ground beef.
- It’s 2 medium of carrots (finely diced).
- You need 2 of ribs celery (finely diced).
- You need 1 small of onion (finely diced).
- It’s 2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 2 cup of reduced sodium beef broth.
- It’s 1 packages of frozen peas (10oz.).
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped fresh thyme.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped fresh rosemary.
This sweet potato shepherd's pie was inspired from my classic Lightened Up Shepherd's Pie. I also have a meatless version, Portobello Shepherd's Pie (vegetarian). This is a crazy month for the North East. First we got slammed with a hurricane, and yesterday a Nor'easter.
Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC instructions
- got this out of family circle magazine.. I'm just preserving the recipe here and cutting down the amount of magazines I have. I have not made this yet but saving here for future use. pictures are a snapshot I took from magazine…
- preheat oven to 375…
- in a large lidded pot add potatoes and cover with 1inch of cold water. bring to boil. reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered for 10minutes or until fork tender. drain and return potatoes to pot..
- to potatoes.. add milk and 2tbl. of the butter, 1/2 tsp of the salt, and 1/4 tsp. of the pepper. mash until smooth, cover and set aside..
- meanwhile, add remaining butter to a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat. add ground beef by crumbling into pan. add carrots, celery and onion. cook for 15 minutes until veggies r soft and beef is no longer pink..
- stir in flour and cook an additional minute. stir in tomato paste, beef broth, and peas. bring to a simmer then cook 3 more minutes. liquid should be starting to thicken and peas should be thawed..
- stir in thyme, rosemary and remaining salt and pepper..
- transfer meat veggie mix to a 13x9x2 baking dish. spread sweet potato mix evenly over beef mix. leave a 1inch border around the edges..
- bake for 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbling..
- NUTRITIONAL INFO BASED ON family circle MAGAZINE: per serving: 429 calories; 12g. fat; 6g. sat.fat; 32g. protein; 48g. carbs; 8g. fiber; 701mg. sodium; 86mg. cholesterol.
Ever make Shepherd's Pie with sweet potatoes? I tried your recipe the last time I made my Shepherd's Pie but did half white potatoes and half sweet potatoes plus I used frozen organic peas, edamame and fresh organic carrots. Shepherd's pie gets a vegan makeover. With its rich, mushroom-studded filling tucked under a layer of soft mashed sweet potato, it has all the hallmarks of a good shepherd's pie, but it's completely vegan — and includes a secret ingredient that adds body and creaminess to the filling, without any. This Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie has been a total staple for me.