Tater Tot Casserole Variation. I love this easy tater tot casserole recipe because it takes only a handful of ingredients and most can be found in my pantry. You may have a Tater Tot Casserole before and chances are you were less than impressed. There are so many variations out there but I truly believe that this one is the best.
Classic cheesy Tater Tot Casserole is quick and easy to make, but packed with flavor. Made with ground beef, tater tots, cheese, corn, and sour cream, it's comfort food at its finest! Plus, not only do tater tot casseroles incorporate everyone's favorite freezer-friendly potato staple into a decadent breakfast casserole, but they can also be customized with add-ons and substitutions to fit the needs of your family. You can cook Tater Tot Casserole Variation using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tater Tot Casserole Variation
- It’s of Cooking Ground Beef.
- You need 1 lb of raw Ground Beef.
- You need 1/4 cup of Onion – chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Garlic – minced.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of dried Oregano.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Cumin powder.
- You need 1 small of pinch dried, crushed Rosemary.
- It’s 1/2 small of Bay Leaf.
- You need 1 of Salt.
- You need of After Ground Beef Has Browned.
- It’s 1 can of Cream of Mushroom condensed soup.
- Prepare 1 bag of Tater Tots.
- It’s 1 bag of Sharp or Marble Cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 can of undrained Rotel – tomatoes & green chilies (optional).
- It’s 1 can of drained French style Green Beans (optional).
- It’s 1 of Pepper.
- It’s 1 of Salt (optional).
Crispy tots: When making a Tater Tot casserole, you definitely want the tater tots to be crispy. To do this, you can: ensure they are in a single layer, allow them to partially thaw before baking, or even pre-fry them before making the casserole. Other add-ins: my Midwest readers have also recommended. It's Great For Any Dinner Or Holiday Meal.
Tater Tot Casserole Variation instructions
- *** If you choose not to use the Rotel you'll need to mix in 1/4 cup milk or water.
- Perheat oven to 375°F..
- Mix seasonings (except Bay Leaf) into raw Ground Beef, place in skillet, add Bay Leaf and brown. Strain grease & remove Bay Leaf..
- Mix browned Ground Beef with Cream of Mushroom soup, Green Beans, and Rotel. Salt & Pepper to taste. Spread into 8X11 casserole dish..
- Cover with a layer of Tater Tots..
- Place in oven for 45-60 minutes (until Tater Tots are done). Turn oven off and cover with cheese to taste..
- Serve when cheese has melted. You can add cheese 5-10 minutes before baking is done if you want it a little crispy..
Tater Tot Casserole Flavor Variations: Tater Tot Casserole with Veggies: If you'd like to add vegetables you can use frozen corn, carrots and peas and layer them on top of the beef but below the cheese. Try this easy Cheeseburger Tator Tot Casserole Recipe. This is easy hamburger casserole is a crowd please and the kids go crazy over it so it is a win-win in our family. If you try any variations, make sure you leave a comment and let us know what you liked and loved. This tater tot casserole is perfect for busy nights when you don't have much time to cook.