Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie. Hearty, comfort food at its finest. Shepherd's Pie with Sweet Potato Topping is a family-pleasing, meal prep friendly and an incredibly tasty recipe. How to Make Vegan Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie.
This is a crazy month for the North East. Shepherd's pie gets a vegan makeover. With its rich, mushroom-studded filling tucked under a layer of soft mashed sweet potato, it has all the hallmarks of a good shepherd's pie, but it's completely vegan — and includes a secret ingredient that adds body and creaminess to the filling, without any. You can have Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie
- It’s of Potato Topping.
- You need 1 of Peeled Russet Potato.
- It’s 1 of Peeled Sweet Potato.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Salted Butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sour Cream.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 dash of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 2 pinch of Dried Tarragon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Smoked Paprika.
- Prepare of Filling.
- It’s 4 large of Celery Stocks.
- You need 3 large of Basil Leaves.
- You need 5 large of Pineapple Sage Leaves.
- You need 10 oz of 80/20 Ground Beef.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Salted Butter.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 2 dash of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Crushed Red Pepper.
This Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie has been a total staple for me. It's simple and made with healthy but satisfying ingredients. When I was growing up, my mom or stepdad used to make shepherd's pie all the time. Beef, corn, and mashed potatoes topped off with cheese.
Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Slice russet and sweet potatoes into 1-inch chunks. Add to a saucepan and fill with water until covered. Simmer over medium-high heat for roughly 20 minutes, or until potatoes are soft enough for mashing..
- Meanwhile, for the filling, slice celery stalks lengthwise in half, then chop into 1/2-inch pieces..
- Chiffonade pineapple sage and basil leaves into thin ribbons. NOTE: If you can't find pineapple sage, use regular sage leaves and add some orange zest. It should be close..
- Add a tablespoon of butter to a medium skillet and melt over medium-low heat. Add celery, pineapple sage, basil, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and a dash of black pepper. Saute on medium-low for 10 minutes, or until celery had just lost its crispness..
- Set aside cooked celery in a medium-sized bowl. To the same skillet celery was cooked in, add ground beef, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, a dash of black pepper, and the crushed red pepper. Increase heat to medium and cook 7 minutes or until cooked through..
- While the beef is cooking, strain the cooked potatoes and return to saucepan. With a mixer or by hand, mash the potatoes with the butter, sour cream, salt, pepper, tarragon, and smoked paprika..
- Transfer cooked beef to bowl with celery and mix together. Pour the mixture into the bottom of a small baking dish. Then, spread the mashed potatoes on top to cover completely..
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes..
This Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie recipe is healthy, easy to make, and so scrumptious. The perfect fall recipe and the ultimate comfort food that can be on your dinner table in no time. Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie – Subscriber Give Away! Made with grassfed ground beef and veggies, it's a hearty, affordable and healthy dinner staple. Louisiana Style: Collard greens, sweet potatoes, and Cajun spices give this casserole a Southern slant.