Aloo Bonda. Aloo bonda recipe or potato bonda is a popular South Indian snack and a street food. Aloo translates to potato and bonda to a ball shaped fritter. So aloo bonda literally translates to bondas that are stuffed with potatoes.
Aloo bonda with step by step photos – aloo bonda or potato bonda is a deep-fried tasty snack made with gram flour (besan or chickpea flour) batter and stuffed with spiced mashed potatoes. Aloo bonda are the South Indian version of the popular Maharashtrian Batata vada. the difference between both these versions is the spices used in the mashed potato filling. Aloo Bonda is a delicious gram flour fritter stuffed with spicy Aloo masala, this will surely tickle your taste buds. You can cook Aloo Bonda using 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Aloo Bonda
- Prepare of For Filling:.
- Prepare 2 of Potato.
- Prepare 2 of Green chilli.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- It’s 1 of -inch piece Ginger.
- You need 1 strand of Curryleaves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- You need of For batter:.
- You need 1 cup of Gram Flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Rice flour.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 cup of Water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Red Chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of Hing.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare as needed of Oil – for frying.
It is actually a popular South Indian snack, but it is also made in Maharashtra and called as Batata Vada. Aloo Bonda which is also known Potato Vada, is packed with flavors from Indian spices used to flavor the Aloo Masala. aloo bonda recipe bonda recipe with step by step photo and video recipe. basically it is an potato fritters which is apparently a famous vegetarian fast food snack in maharashtra cuisine or street food. it is typically served with a pav as vada pav or can be served as it is with tomato ketchup or coconut chutney. usually it is prepared in round ball like shaped snack, but can. Aloo bonda is a very famous Mumbai snack.
Aloo Bonda instructions
- Preparing Filling: Boil the potatoes in a steamer or cooker..
- Peel and mash them and keep aside..
- Heat oil,splutter mustard seeds..
- Then add green chilli, curryleaves, ginger and finely chopped onion. Saute till translucent..
- Add turmeric powder. Mix well..
- Add mashed potato..
- Add little water and cook for 5 mins..
- Keep aside for cooling..
- Prepareing batter: In a bowl,add gram flour, rice flour, salt, hing and red chilli powder. Mix well..
- Then add water and make a smooth dosa batter type consistency..
- Now make small balls of the potato mix..
- Dip each ball in the batter and deep fry them till golden colour..
- Tasty aloo bonda is ready to serve..
Round balls of mashed and spiced potatoes are dipped in besan batter and deep fried. Very yummy and delicious to eat. Aloo Bonda is a famous snack and street food in Tamil Nadu. It has crispy outer cover and yummy aloo/potato stuffing inside. The aloo masala used in the bonda can be made with many variations depending on the choices of the spice being used.