Dad's Beef and Potato Goulash. Sautee onion and beef in a large stock pan with one tablespoon of the butter. Peel and chop potatoes into one inch squares. Make the goulash: In a large bowl, season the beef all over with salt and pepper.
Melt butter. beef, caraway, ground potato. Hungarian Beef Stew is a hearty stew with chunks of beef, potatoes and a hearty Hungarian paprika flavored tomato sauce, cooked low and slow until Goulash is rich, flavorful and it is so tender that it tastes like you cooked your main course all day in a crock pot (did I mention that it's an awesome. Add potatoes and reserved sautéed carrots to stew, return to oven, and continue to cook, partially covered, until beef, potatoes, and J. You can cook Dad's Beef and Potato Goulash using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dad's Beef and Potato Goulash
- Prepare 2 lb of Ground beef.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 6 of Medium sized Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of cornstarch.
Kenji López-Alt is a stay-at-home dad who moonlights as the Chief Culinary Consultant of Serious Eats and the Chef/Partner of Wursthall, a German-inspired. This beef goulash recipe is made with tomatoes, paprika, onion, caraway seeds, and potatoes, along with peppers and other seasonings. Beef Goulash with Tomatoes and Bell Peppers. Add in diced potatoes and remaining beef broth.
Dad's Beef and Potato Goulash instructions
- Sautee onion and beef in a large stock pan with one tablespoon of the butter.
- Peel and chop potatoes into one inch squares..
- When beef and onion are done cooking, add potatoes to the pot..
- Add just enough water to cover potatoes -push them further down in the pan if needed so you know how much you need to add. Don't add too much water as you don't want it to be soupy..
- Chop remaining butter into small pats. Add to pot and stir.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce. You can add more than 1/4 cup if you want a little extra flavor.
- Bring to a boil them simmer 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through and most of the water has boiled out..
- In a small bowl, mix corn starch with a little bit of water. Stir into goulash to thicken..
This beef goulash is a hearty, warming stew of slow-cooked, fall-apart beef in a rich and slightly smoky tomato and paprika sauce. You can make it in the I love to use two different types of paprika for extra layers of flavour. This is my version, passed down to me from my dad and it's the best I've ever had. View photos and entire recipe article HERE. Add potato slices to onions and stir until potatoes are nicely coated with onions and seasonings. baking potatoes. beef chuck roast.