Crunchy Greasy Beefy Potato Tacos. Crunchy Chorizo Potato Tacos are a perfectly seasoned blend of Pork Chorizo, Chihuahua® Cheese, and potatoes fried inside extra-crunchy corn taco shells. Place Crunchy Chorizo Potato Tacos on a plate or serving platter. Drizzle with Sour Cream, top with crumbled Queso Fresco Cheese, and.
They are vegetarian and easy to make at home. Place softened potatoes into a large bowl. Mix in sour cream, garlic, cumin, salt pepper and oregano, and mash until well combined. You can have Crunchy Greasy Beefy Potato Tacos using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crunchy Greasy Beefy Potato Tacos
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 3 of red potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1/3 cup of beer… I prefer budweiser.
- You need 12 of corn tortillas.
- It’s 1 of salt to your liking.
- Prepare 1 of pepper to your liking.
- It’s 1 of meat seasoning, your favorite and as much to your liking.
- Prepare 1 of garlic salt to your liking.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cilantro.
- You need 1 of cooking oil.
Carefully, place the potato tacos in the pan, allowing them to cook for about two minutes on each side. Once they have developed a golden color, remove from oil and strain. These tacos are stuffed with cumin-spiced potatoes and fried until they're crunchy. Stuff cabbage, tomatoes, and cotija into tacos; drizzle with salsa before serving.
Crunchy Greasy Beefy Potato Tacos instructions
- Brown your chopped onions over medium heat in a large pan.
- As your onions brown, peel and chop your potatoes. Cut them into small chunks, not too thick..
- Add your potatoes and ground beef to your onions. Add your salt, pepper, meat seasoning, garlic, and cilantro. Blend well. Continue to stir frequently until your meat is evenly browned..
- As the meat starts to soften and break down, add your beer. Your meat won't be completely browned yet, that's ok..
- Once meat is completely browned, Cover and let simmer on low heat for 15 minutes..
- Uncover and make sure your potatoes are cooked through and evenly..
- Remove from heat. Now for your tacos..
- Add oil to frying pan over medium heat. Add enough to fill the entire bottom and be about 1/4" deep..
- Warm your tortillas for a few seconds over medium heat, 1 at a time as your filling them. The heat will soften them making them easier to bend into a shell without cracking..
- Once your oil is nice and hot, one at a time, fill each tortilla with 2 spoon fulls of your potato meat mix. Add them to your oil, and let fry on both sides till they're a nice golden brown color… I like to put 3 tacos in at a time so I can make sure they cook nice and even, that way I can monitor each one. They can brown pretty quickly depending on how high your heat is..
- As you remove them from the pan, lay the tacos on a paper towel covered plate. Thw paper towel will absorb some of the grease. You can even pat the sides of each taco to remove more grease..
A discussion group to the Beefy Crunch Movement. We will never forget one of Taco Bell's most. Seems like this page has been forgotten. But with the spicy potato taco now being taken off the menu I wanted to remind everyone of the potato taco legacy. Lent time in Mexico is observed right after Mardi grass and Ash Wednesday has passed.