Mashed potato souffle pie. Mashed Potato Pie Perfect for leftover Thanksgiving Mashed potatoes but delicious enough to cause you to make a fresh batch! Are you ready for the best savory pie?? This Mashed Potato Pie is so good, you won't wait for leftover potatoes to make it!
The most amazing mashed potatoes you'll ever have! A little cream cheese, scallions, and Tabasco®! Potato Soufflé is an easy recipe for such a comforting dish perfect for fall tables. You can cook Mashed potato souffle pie using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mashed potato souffle pie
- Prepare 2 1/4 lb of yellow potatoes.
- It’s 1 cup of of bread crumbs(i use progresso,either plain or italian).
- It’s 4 tbsp of of butter (to go in the mashed potatoes).
- It’s 4 piece of of butter (to go on top of the pie before it goes in the oven).
- Prepare 1 large of egg.
- You need 1 of ground meat filling.
- You need of ground beef filling.
- Prepare 1 1/4 lb of of ground beef.
- It’s 2 medium of chopped onions(white, or yellow).
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of pine cone seeds (optional).
Love the way it puffs in the oven and how the steam comes out when you. Everyday mashed potatoes become appealingly elegant in Kathy Kittell's extra-cheesy souffle. "This casserole bakes up fluffy and golden-and makes a perfect company side dish," she confides from her Lenexa, Kansas kitchen. Three-Cheese Potato Souffle Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Scoop up the mashed potatoes in large spoonfulls and flatten into disks, and cover the batter, using all of the potatoes.
Mashed potato souffle pie step by step
- Start by washing the potatoes and boiling them..
- After the potatoes are cooked, wash them again, and peel them. You could either put the potatoes in a food processor or mash them up with a fork..
- Add salt and eggs(1egg for every 2lbs of potatoes) to mashed potatoes..
- In a non sticking pan, spread the 4tbs of butter and sprinkle half of the bread crumbs(1/2 cup) on the bottom of the pan..
- Divide mashed potatoes into 2 halves. Spread the first half of the mashed potatoes right on top of the bread crumbs..
- Spread the meat filling on top of the mashed potatoes..
- Spread the 2nd half of the mashed potatoes on top of the meat filling..
- Sprinkle the rest of the bread crumbs (1/2 a cup) on top of the mashed potatoes..
- Then place the rest of the butter on top of the bread crumbs..
- Bake pie for 20-25mins or untill crumbs turn to a golden color (375degrees fh.).
- Ground beef filling: add a 1/4 of a cup of veg. Oil to a pan. Then add your two onions(chopped)..
- After the onions are cooked, add the ground beef and a pinch of salt. Mix all together and then Cook mixture until the water from the ground beef evaporates..
- Add the rest of the spices (pepper+cinnamon) and your pine cone seeds(if using any) . Mix everything together. And put the mixture on the side for 5-10Mins to cool down..
Sprinkle the potatoes scallions, parsley, salt and pepper, and then the cheese. Pour and carefully spread the remaining batter over the top. Mashed Potato Pie. featured in Fulfilling Homemade Potato Recipes. Spread half of the mashed potatoes over the cooled cracker crust, about ¼-inch in thickness. Cover mashed potatoes with a layer of cheddar cheese, making sure to save some for the top.