Vickys Sweet Potato Pie, GF DF EF SF NF. See more ideas about Recipes, Food, Foods with gluten. For this lovely pie, sweet potatoes are boiled, peeled and mashed together with butter, sugar, milk and eggs, then seasoned with nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. People who have eaten sweet potato pie all their lives say this recipe is the best they have ever tasted.
Do you refrigerate sweet potato pie? Sweet potato pies are essentially baked custard pies, so they should be stored in the refrigerator. This paleo sweet potato casserole has a creamy sweet potato layer topped with a toasty, sweet and crunchy topping! You can have Vickys Sweet Potato Pie, GF DF EF SF NF using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Sweet Potato Pie, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need of filling.
- Prepare 520 grams (18 ounces) of cooked and mashed sweet potato.
- Prepare 240 ml (1 cup) of coconut milk.
- You need 120 ml (1/2 cup) of or to taste maple syrup.
- It’s 3 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 35 grams of (4 level tbsp) cornflour / cornstarch.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of mixed spice, see my recipe link below.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground clove.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of PIE CRUST *gluten free link below.
- You need 100 grams (1 cup) of less 1 tbsp) plain flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 80 ml (1/3 cup) of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of rice, almond or coconut milk OR cold water.
Growing up, we always made candied sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving, but never an actual sweet potato casserole. Vickys BBQ Pulled Sweet Potato, GF DF EF SF NF Recipe by [email protected] Free-From Cookbook. Great recipe for Vickys BBQ Pulled Sweet Potato, GF DF EF SF NF. One of my newly vegan friends said she'd missed pulled pork sandwiches during the Superbowl this year.
Vickys Sweet Potato Pie, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- To make the crust, mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the wet and rub in with your fingertips.
- Bring the dough together then press into a 9 inch fluted tin. Refrigerate for half an hour *gluten free pastry recipe below* https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332957-vickys-sweet-savoury-shortcrust-pastry-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.
- Mix all the filling ingredients together then pour into the unbaked pie shell https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/359496-vickys-sweet-mixed-spice-for-baked-goods.
- Bake at gas 6 / 200C / 400°F for 50 – 60 minutes.
- Serve warm with dairy-free cream / ice cream and toasted marshmallows, or cold with a beverage! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332956-vickys-vanilla-ice-cream-with-flavour-variations-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.
- You can substitute the sweet potato for pumpkin…OR.
- Using the same recipe but changing the amount of corn flour to 3 tbsp, adding 2 tsp baking powder and 80g (2/3 cup) flour / gluten-free flour. Grease a pie or 12 hole muffin tin and bake the mixture at the same temp for the same amount of time. This pie forms its own soft crust! Just make sure it's completely cooled before removing. And a toothpick test won't work – when it's ready the middle will feel moist but done but the outside will be dry. Check around 50 minutes then keep an eye on it.
Sweet Potato Puree shouldn't be limited to babies. Stock some in your freezer to add extra nutrition, flavour and texture to oatmeal, sauces or baked goods. Sweet Potato Puree is a great first food for babies. Mash the potatoes – and sweet potatoes – with the nutritional yeast and milk (cream and butter will make it creamier and smoother). Sweet potato pie is a traditional dessert, originating in the Southern United States.