Baked Rice, Chicken and Mushrooms (American biryani). This warming, savory, hearty baked rice casserole was originally meant to be an Indian-style biriyani, but my larder was stocked with Gallic ingredients: mushrooms, thyme, garlic, parsley I switched gears Put chicken pieces on a baking sheet and season generously with salt and pepper. One Skillet Chicken and Rice with Mushrooms! Easy Baked Chicken and Rice – When you have bone in chicken to use and don't feel like cooking on the stove top.
Add mushrooms and chicken, stir-fry for a few minutes until the surface of the chicken is white. The rice, as suggested should be cooked with chicken broth, great. Chicken and rice paired with a creamy mushroom sauce bake together for a delicious one-dish meal that's easy to clean up. You can have Baked Rice, Chicken and Mushrooms (American biryani) using 17 ingredients and 23 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Rice, Chicken and Mushrooms (American biryani)
- It’s of Meat.
- It’s 2 pounds of chicken thighs.
- It’s 1 of Tbl. Garlic prefer.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Ground black pepper.
- It’s of Main.
- It’s 1 of onion, large.
- Prepare 3-4 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 2 of Bay leaves.
- It’s 2 tsp. of Ground thyme.
- You need 4 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 8 ounces of mushrooms.
- You need 1 cup of peas.
- Prepare 2 cups of basmati rice, uncooked.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Ground black Pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of white wine.
Mushrooms – my absolute favourite in the baked rice. I used a mixture of Portobello and button mushrooms. Rice – one thing I love about this recipe is I don't have to cook the rice first. This means one less pot to wash and no worries about the amount of cooked rice needed!
Baked Rice, Chicken and Mushrooms (American biryani) instructions
- Soak rice in water, needs at least 20 minutes..
- Cut up chicken into bite sized pieces..
- Liberally salt, pepper and garlic powder chicken..
- Mix well, set aside.
- Chop onion, place a dutch oven on medium high heat, add 3 Tbl. Oil..
- Add onions and and stir. You need to cook until nicely browned, about 8 minutes..
- Chop garlic and mushrooms while onions are cooking, stir onions every minute.
- Add chicken, stir. Add Bay leaves and thyme, stir well..
- Continue stirring about 2-3 minutes until chicken takes on a little color.
- Add wine and stir, simmer briskly until reduced by half. About 5 minutes..
- Added mushrooms stir.
- Added broth, drain rice, add to pot, stir..
- Bring to simmer. TASTE IT! Adjust seasoning..
- Add peas. I only had peas and carrots, still good..
- Cover and simmer, adjust heat as needed for a simmer. Mine was medium low..
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Simmer for 10 minutes..
- Stir, recover, place in oven for 20 minutes..
- Remove from oven, and let sit, covered, 10 minutes..
- Fluff rice..
- Serve, garnish with some flat leaf parsley.
- Note – if you want bright green peas, don't add the as above, you can blanch then about 3 minutes, and add them when the rice is done (after the last 10 minute sit) and stir them in..
- Another nice garnish is to saute some sliced mushrooms while waiting for the last 10 minutes, in butter, and serve them on top..
Delicious dish of chicken with classic mushroom rice. Chicken thighs baked in brown rice with chicken stock, butter and carrots bake up into a fluffy chicken and rice bake. Right when you take it out of the oven you pour on some frozen peas and mix. The heat of the dish will warm them without making them mushy. Can I sub chicken stock to Campbell cream of mushroom?