Deep fried viazi tamu-sweet potatoes. Most Kenyans know of Viazi vy Karai. Here is my twist on the same. Instead of using the conventional potatoes for this recipe, how about you try sweet potatoes instead.
The recipe is finger licking, if you are a food lover like me its. Jinsi yakupika viazi vya tamu vya nazi Place it on top of the gas cooker. You can cook Deep fried viazi tamu-sweet potatoes using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Deep fried viazi tamu-sweet potatoes
- It’s of Leftover boiled potatoes.
- You need 3 tbs of all purpose flour.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- You need of Water to make a paste.
- You need 1 cup of oil.
Remove from hot oil and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt or powdered sugar. Sliced sweet potatoes are deep fried and salted to make sweet potato chips, a delicious addition to any meal you make. Feel free to spice these fried sweet potato chips up with some spicy Cajun or Creole seasoning or another spice blend.
Deep fried viazi tamu-sweet potatoes instructions
- Cut your potatoes into slices.
- Then in a bowl mix all the ingredients except oil, adding water in bits to make a thick paste. Note-not so thick.
- Heat your oil until hot.
- Deep the potatoes in the paste making sure they are well covered in the paste.
- From the paste, deep in the hot oil until they are well cooked i.e golden brown.
- Serve with omelet and thick tea-you can serve with black tea.
These pan-fried sweet potatoes are so easy to make and taste amazing! A deep fry thermometer would be perfect for this if you have one. Most of the cooking should have been completed already during the par-boiling, so I like to make extra steps to get the crispiest sweet potato fries. After cleaning the sweet potatoes under running water, I make sure they dry properly. Sprinkle with the seasoning and hold in the oven on a paper towel-lined baking Categories: Fries Sweet Potato Deep-Frying Gluten Free Vegan.