Tater tot casserole my way. I love this easy tater tot casserole recipe because it takes only a handful of ingredients and most can be found in my pantry. I frequently have ground beef and tater tots in the freezer so this meal is one I can pull together quickly and easily. You may have a Tater Tot Casserole before and chances are.
I'm such a sucker for a casserole. I think it's partly because casseroles nearly always involve cheese and who doesn't love cheese? This tater tot casserole with veggies is. You can have Tater tot casserole my way using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tater tot casserole my way
- It’s 3 lbs of ground beef.
- It’s 1 of med yellow onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 (3 oz) of pack bacon bits.
- You need 1 (10 1/2 oz) of can cream of chicken and mushroom soup.
- It’s 16 oz of container of sour cream.
- It’s 1 (12 oz) of jar beef gravy.
- You need 1 Tablespoons of parsley.
- Prepare 4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese divided equally.
- You need 1 (32 oz) of bag frozen tater tots you may not use them all.
This Tater Tot Casserole from Delish.com is the best! Are you an under cover tater tot lover? Then you GOTTA try our tater tot grilled cheese, AKA the best drunk food ever. Tater tot casserole is the best family meal you aren't making yet.
Tater tot casserole my way step by step
- Cook and crumble ground beef add in onion, garlic, salt and pepper and continue to cook till beef is nice and brown and onions are tender. Then drain well and mix in bacon bits..
- Mix cream soup, sour cream, gravy, and parsley together and mix with ground beef..
- Add half of the meat mixture to a greased 13 x 9 inch dish top with 2 cups of cheese then repeat once then top with a even layer of tater tots and bake at 350 for 60 minutes or till tater tots are golden brown..
The Midwestern casserole provides the unbeatable satisfaction of crispy tater tots layered over a creamy, beefy filling studded with sweet and tender vegetables. And, contrary to what you might have grown up on. Place your tater tots over the ground beef. Pour your soup over all of this. A lot of recipes don't have you covering it Tator Tot Casserole?