Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole. You don't go through all the work of making a bacon cheeseburger and fries; you can enjoy that classic flavor by pulling together a few simple ingredients, popping your casserole dish in the oven and waiting for a big, bold homemade dinner to be ready in less than an hour. We're always down for a bacon cheeseburger but when we thought up a way to turn the dish into a delicious casserole with the addition of tater tots, we were totally hooked! This yummy casserole may be kind of a guilty pleasure, but it makes for a great dinner that the whole family will enjoy.
It has become a regular in the dinner rotations. Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole – hamburger, bacon, cheese, cheese soup, sour cream and tater tots – what's not to love? We ate this twice in one day! You can cook Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole
- It’s 1-1/2 lbs of ground beef.
- It’s 1 (3 oz) of bag of real bacon bits.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 (32 oz) of bag of frozen tater tots.
- You need 1 (10.75 oz) of can of condensed cheddar cheese soup.
- You need 16 oz of sour cream.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
Can be made ahead of time and refrigerated or frozen for later. This bacon cheeseburger tater tot casserole is the perfect dish to bribe your kids; homework, chores, piano practice—consider them done! Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bacon. Here is an easy crockpot recipe for bacon cheeseburger casserole with tater tots.
Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9×13 in pan with cooking spray & set it aside..
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet until it’s no longer pink & then drain. Heat the pan & add a bit of oil for better browning. Add the meat to the pan, break it into large pieces, sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of salt, & let it sit for a few minutes. Break the beef into smaller pieces as it cooks. Stir occasionally until the beef is browned..
- Combine cooked beef, bacon bits, cheddar cheese, tater tots, cheese soup & sour cream..
- Spread the combined ingredients into the pan..
- Bake for 45-50 minutes..
Make this slow cooker dinner recipe idea for simple meal tonight. Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole is everything you need for a cozy winter dinner. Even better, the recipe easily doubles or triples to feed a crowd! This post was sponsored by KRAFT, HEINZ and ORE-IDA, and I was compensated to write it. This cheeseburger Tater Tot® casserole is a quick and easy weeknight dinner that's family friendly.