Potato Balls. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into potato mixture.
To make mashed potato balls, first add a few ingredients to the leftover mashed potatoes. I love the combination of bacon bits, cheddar cheese and chopped parsley. Mix the leftover mashed potato with all the ingredients together and then shape them into bite-sized balls. You can cook Potato Balls using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato Balls
- It’s of Leftover mashed potatoes.
- It’s 2 of big Onions.
- You need of Breadcrumbs.
- You need 3 of eggs.
You can use your hands to shape the balls. Like my meatballs, I used an ice cream scoop to make uniform balls. Dusting your hands with flour before rolling them into balls really helps with the sticking. Pat them gently at first into ball sized shapes before rolling them gently in your palms to finish them off.
Potato Balls instructions
- Fry the onions, then mix with the mashed potatoes..
- With clean hands, take a handful of the mix and mould into a ball..
- Coat the ball with breadcrumbs, then dip it into a bowl of beaten eggs, and coat again with breadcrumbs..
- Then deep fry. It takes a very short time to cook. You can also bake if you don't want too much oil..
- Enjoy with ketchup and any drink of your choice..
Mash with potato masher or fork until lumps are out. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, cheese, egg, chives, and bacon bits. Toss in the panko bread crumbs until completely covered.