Scalloped potato casserole. Scalloped potatoes come together with just a few basic ingredients from the pantry. Once layered, bake this easy potato casserole until tender, golden, and bubbly. This scalloped potatoes recipe is creamy, cheesy, and irresistibly delicious.
These easy Scalloped Potatoes are a classic dish with layers of potatoes and rich creamy cheese sauce on repeat! The ingredients are simple but makes the best recipe! Yummy, cheesy scalloped potatoes from scratch. You can have Scalloped potato casserole using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Scalloped potato casserole
- You need 2 boxes of scalloped potatoes plus ingredients to make each box 👇.
- You need of Milk, butter and boiling water follow box directions.
- It’s 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced white onion.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of green bell pepper minced.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of red bell pepper minced.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1 (2.8 oz) of pack bacon pieces.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of shredded chedder cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Italian or plain style panko bread crumbs.
This is just a basic of what I put in potato casserole and baked into creamy saucy goodness. Stir in potatoes (from potato mix boxes), chicken and onions; pour into baking dish. Stirring the potato mixture ensures even cooking and prevents the top of your casserole from browning too much. Pump up your scalloped potatoes with this cabbage and potato version.
Scalloped potato casserole step by step
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make scalloped potatoes according to per box. Boiling water, milk and butter and set aside.
- Cook and crumble ground beef in a skillet and add in onion, peppers, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook till done then drain off grease..
- Add cooked ground beef to dish and mix in bacon pieces.
- Pour on scalloped potatoes and mix up slightly.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Then top with cheese and bread crumbs and bake for 30 more minutes.
I'd love to hear your feedback in the comments below for this Scalloped Potato and Cabbage Casserole Recipe! This is one of my—but most definitely my kids'—favorite way to use up leftover Make good use of your leftover Easter ham; whip up this yummy comfort food casserole. I'm a home health nurse and got this recipe from one of my elderly clients, who had used it for years. Sliced potatoes in a delicious creamy sauce on the bottom then topped with a ground beef mixture — instead of layering the potatoes you can just mix them with the sauce in a large bowl transfer to the. Potato Pointers: Baby Potatoes (red or white) are smaller so they cook quickly and don't need to be peeled.