Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole. Like most casseroles, it's going to be a smorgasbord of things all mashed together into one big dish. It is the bane of a food blogger and always a challenge to try So I found this recipe where Sloppy Joes meets tater tots and decided to give it a go. It's simple, it's tasty and it's ready to go.
Check out my video below and see You're probably going to want to bust out your elastic pants because this Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole is going to make your tummy very happy. Sloppy Joes meet Tater Tots™ in this casserole that's light on prep and loaded with flavor–and sure to be a hit with the entire family. MORE+ LESS This Sloppy Joe beef and vegetable casserole is covered with a layer of crispy golden Tater Tots®. You can cook Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper.
- You need to taste of Onion powder.
- Prepare 1 can of cheddar cheese soup.
- Prepare 1 can of Manwich.
- You need 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 32 oz of bag of tater tots (frozen).
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
All Reviews for Sloppy Joe Tater Tot® Casserole. Tips for making sloppy joe tater tot casserole: You can use either regular shaped tater tots or tater tot rounds. I like to use the tater tot rounds as I find they get a little crispier. It's up to you how heavy you want to go on the tater tots.
Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole instructions
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F..
- Brown ground beef with salt, pepper and onion powder to taste..
- Drain beef..
- Add beef back to pan and add cheese soup, cream of mushroom and manwich. Heat on medium to low heat 5-10 minutes, or until hot. Stir often..
- Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with non-stick spray..
- Add layer of frozen tater tots to dish..
- Add beef mixture on top of frozen tater tots making sure to cover all of the tots..
- Add shredded cheese on top of beef mixture. You can use whatever cheese you want. I used Colby Monterrey jack cheese in the picture and it was really good..
- Add the remaining frozen tater tots on top of cheese..
- Bake for 45 minutes or until tater tots on top are golden brown..
The traditional sloppy joe gets a reboot with a tater tot topping and some peppers and onions thrown in in the base. When you want to warm up and fill up, this family-friendly casserole is the go-to dish for a weeknight or weekend dinner. Tater Tot Sloppy Joe Casserole Recipe. When we saw that we had a bag of frozen tater tots in our freezer, all the puzzle pieces fell into place and we knew exactly how this dish would play out: a tasty sloppy joe skillet topped with tots and baked to perfection – it doesn't. Who doesn't love a good sloppy joe?