Sloppy Joe and Potatoes on Pumpernickel. Slice off small portion of top of each potato. Use small spoon to scoop out some of potato flesh. Spoon sloppy joe mixture into potatoes (Or, split each potato in half and top.
You can keep the meat mixture warm while waiting for the sweet potatoes to finish baking. Serve them up by spooning the sloppy joe mixture over the halved sweet potatoes. These Paleo sloppy joe sweet potatoes are classic comfort food made healthy! You can have Sloppy Joe and Potatoes on Pumpernickel using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sloppy Joe and Potatoes on Pumpernickel
- You need As needed of pumpernickel bread.
- It’s of Sloppy Joes—————.
- Prepare 1-1/2 pound of ground beef 75/25.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of yellow prepared mustard.
- You need 1/4 cup of Heinz Tomato Ketchup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of loose packed light brown sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need To taste of kosher salt.
- You need As needed of mayonnaise.
- Prepare of Potatoes——————–.
- It’s 4 of medium potatoes.
- It’s As needed of oil to fry in.
- It’s To taste of kosher salt.
- Prepare of Cheese—————-.
- It’s To taste of your favorite cheeses.
You can bake these sweet potatoes ahead of time using the method in the recipe box, then refrigerate and reheat in the oven while you prepare the beef mixture. Swapping bread for baked sweet potatoes makes eating a Sloppy Joe so much healthier! This easy sweet potato recipe is gluten-free I love this sloppy joe version, a few of my other favorites are Mexican-style Stuffed Sweet Potato (Vegetarian), Italian-Style Stuffed Sweet Potato, and Cheesy. Spoon potato mixture in circle around edges of casserole.
Sloppy Joe and Potatoes on Pumpernickel instructions
- Brown the ground beef with the spices.
- Slice the potatoes with the skin on it.
- Fry the potatoes.
- Add salt to the paper towel.
- Add the potatoes to the paper towel with the salt on it. Then add salt as needed..
- Add brown sugar.
- Add mustard, ketchup, and tomato paste..
- Mix well and simmer 10 minutes..
- Add mayonnaise to the bread and then the potatoes slices..
- Cover with sloppy joe mixture..
- Top with the six cheese blend. If you don't have it add whichever cheeses you like..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
Top with the turkey mixture and sprinkle with the cheese while still hot. This sloppy joe recipe is quick and inexpensive. In addition to putting it on rolls, try this slightly sweet beef mixture over rice, biscuits, or baked potatoes. Sweet potatoes replace the bread in this easy sloppy joe from Delish.com. Using a fork, poke potatoes all over.