Potato and Ground beef Gratin. Top with beef; spread remaining potatoes over beef. Potatoes and ground meat are usually a winner in many dinner tables – so if you combine both you get the best dish of the night: Potato and Ground Beef. Creamy au gratin potatoes are made even heartier with the addition of seasoned ground beef.
Brown ground beef using vegetable oil. Set aside and sprinkle with seasoned salt. Arrange browned beef on top of potato mixture. You can cook Potato and Ground beef Gratin using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato and Ground beef Gratin
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef or turkey.
- You need 6 of potatoes, boiled.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 3 of stems of fresh Thyme.
- You need 1/4 c of finely chopped onion.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of flour.
- It’s 3 cups of milk.
- You need 3 cups of shedded cheese.
- You need 3 Tbsp of butter.
In a small bowl combine mushroom soup, sour cream and milk. The best potatoes to use for au gratin potatoes are russets; they have the most starch and make the creamiest sauce. You may be tempted to cut calories by using half & half or milk in place of the cream. Layer one-third of the potatoes into the prepared dish (save the best-looking pieces for the top).
Potato and Ground beef Gratin step by step
- Brown ground beef, or turkey. Drain off access grease when done. Add salt and pepper to meat..
- Take boiIed potatoes and mash them..
- In saucepan melt butter and add chopped onion stir for 2 minutes..
- Add in flour and Thyme stir until bubbly remove from heat..
- Add milk place back on heat and stir until bubbly..
- Add 2 cups of shedded cheese. Stir until melted and smooth. Turn heat off. Remove from heat..
- In a greased 13 x 9 dish layer half of the potatoes, top with meat, top with remaining potatoes. Pour cheese sauce on top. Bake for 30 min covered..
- Top with remaining cheese and bake for 15min..
Cover with half the beetroot slices and season with salt Repeat before finishing with a last layer of neatly arranged potatoes and season again. Potatoes au Gratin is the ultimate potato recipe! French classic with layers of thinly sliced potato, cream, butter, garlic and cheese, you can't go Potatoes au Gratin – forget scalloped potatoes, THIS is the creme de la creme of all potato recipes!! Also known as Dauphinoise Potatoes, this French. In order to beef up our gratin (pun intended), we decided to add some deliciously seasoned beef, along with some onion and garlic, and then pair it all together with deliciously creamy and cheesy potatoes.