Ground Beef and Potato Curry. I think the sweet potatoes do a wonderful job counteracting the heat so if you like it hot, feel free to add more cayenne to this dish. Also, you should know that while I call this a curry, it's actually more of a dry dish. It's still a little unusual for me to write an Indian recipe calling for ground beef.
Cover and cook till potatoes are cooked. View top rated Ground beef curry and potatoes recipes with ratings and reviews. Ground Beef Curry – a simple, fast curry made with ground meat, spinach and spices. You can cook Ground Beef and Potato Curry using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ground Beef and Potato Curry
- It’s 500 gr (1 lb) of ground beef.
- You need 500 gr (1 lb) of potatoes, cut into cubes.
- It’s 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 4 tsp of curry powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ginger powder (if you use fresh 1 inch ginger finely chopped).
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of salt.
- You need 3/4 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare to taste of ground white pepper.
- Prepare 250 ml of thick coconut milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of frozen peas.
Paleo, slow carb and low carb curry recipe. This would go well with cauliflower rice or roasted cauliflower; curried potatoes; white rice; rice pilaf. But if you don't want to mess with all that, the curry is good on. Add the beef broth to help cook the potatoes.
Ground Beef and Potato Curry instructions
- Deep fry the potatoes until cooked..
- Heat about 3 tablespoons of oil. Saute the onion and garlic until wilted and the onion looks a little brown..
- Add the ground meat. Stir until cooked..
- Add curry powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, ginger powder, salt, sugar and pepper. Stir well..
- Add coconut milk. Cook until thickened. Stir occasionally..
- Add fried potatoes. Stir until well blended. Taste it, adjust salt/sugar if needed. Simmer for a few minutes until the entire mixture has thickened. Add the peas. Stir it for a minute. Turn the heat off..
- Serve the curry with flatbread or rice..
I use Better than Bouillon to make my beef broth because this stuff tastes great, lasts just about Update: I also tried making this with a vegetarian soy-based ground beef substitute, and it worked great. I upped the quantities of the curry powder. This beef with potato curry is also known as aloo gosht. What's great about this Indian beef curry is that you can easily replace beef with meats like lamb or mutton as well. Tender meat and potatoes cooked in spices to flavor the dry gravy.