Sweet potato (shakarkandi) chaat. sweet potato chaat recipe with step by step photos. this is one of the most easy to prepare tasty Although I have made shakarkandi ki chaat for Navratri fasting. But it tastes so good that you can have this chaat any time. The sweetness of the shakarkandi pairs very well with the slight pungency of.
It is also a vegetable that is allowed during festival fasting. However, chaat prepared with sweet potatoes is probably the most popular preparation. This is a very easy-to-make chaat that everyone will love. You can have Sweet potato (shakarkandi) chaat using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet potato (shakarkandi) chaat
- It’s of Sweet potato or Shakarkandi 3 in no.
- You need of Green chutney.
- Prepare of Khajoor imli chutney.
- It’s of Cummin pdr.
- It’s of Black salt.
- It’s of Red pepper.
- You need of Chaat masala.
- Prepare of Lemon juice.
- Prepare pieces of Ginger small.
- It’s of As per your taste.
A healthy alternative for fried aloo chaat prepared with sweet potatoes. The sweet potatoes are boiled and cubed and tossed with spices and pan seared. For aloo chaat, we usually roast or fry the potatoes and toss it with chaat masala and add in the toppings and serve with the dash of lime juice. Sweet potato chaat is a much-loved treat, especially in winter, but it can be enjoyed at any time of the year as per availability of fresh sweet potatoes.
Sweet potato (shakarkandi) chaat step by step
- Boil sweet potato in a cooker for one whistle only. Check with knife if it is cooked or not. It should not be messy cooked..
- Cool,peel and cube them..
- Add masalas one by one.Then add chutneys and then lemon juice..
- Sprinkle chaat masala..
- Instead of boiling you can roast them in oven or old age fire..
In Delhi, where the original shakarkandi chaat recipe was created, it is sold by street food vendors from their thelas (handcarts). Sweet potato chaat recipe for vrat or Hindu fasting – It is made from boiled sweet potato and flavored with few spices. During mahashivratri my mom always makes this shakarkandi chaat as a snack. Apart from that day, she sometimes prepares it during navratri vrat. Boil sweet potato in a cooker for one whistle only.