Old fashioned potato salad. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. This old-fashioned potato salad is made with a refreshing seasoned vinegar and oil dressing. It's an excellent choice for a picnic or cookout.
Old-Fashioned Potato Salad from Barefoot Contessa. Bring the water to a boil, then When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them into quarters or halves, depending on their size. This classic old-school potato salad calls for celery, eggs, and relish. You can have Old fashioned potato salad using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Old fashioned potato salad
- You need 8 of medium (3 lbs) red potatoes.
- It’s 6 of hard boiled eggs.
- You need 2 cups of full fat mayo.
- You need 1 cup of or 1/2 container full fat sour cream.
- You need 1 of heaping tbsp yellow mustard.
- It’s 2 tbsp of white vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of med. white onion diced fine.
- You need 2 of small stalks celery diced fine.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
In this video, you'll discover the best potatoes for making potato salad and see a great technique for making hard-boiled eggs. For occasions like Easter I always make it the day before and refrigerate it! Spring is in full gear now, and I couldn't be happier. The grass is starting to become luscious and green and the trees are getting heavy with leaves.
Old fashioned potato salad instructions
- Dice potatoes to bite size, then boil eggs and potatoes together for 12 min in salted water (1/2 tsp salt).
- Peel eggs, then let eggs and potatoes all cool to room temp. Meanwhile mix all other ingredients in large bowl..
- Combine all ingredients and cover and chill 4-6 hrs before serving (best over night). It tastes better the longer it sits. Don’t be stingy on the salt and pepper!.
Today, I wanted to share my recipe for old fashioned potato salad, a tried and true recipe that my family loves. No backyard BBQ is complete without potato salad but often times it can be lacking in flavor. The secret to this delicious potato salad recipe is the The secret is that the dressing is a blend of mayo and sour cream. It is still be a good idea for you to read my article on the Science of Potatoes first. I had this Old-Fashioned Potato Salad was near the top of my re-make list because it's a summer staple in our house and it totally reminds me of something my grandma would have made!