My Aunt Edna's Shrimp Potato Salad. Add the potatoes and toss until combined. Add additional mayo if the salad looks dry. Since Rhode Island is known as the Ocean State, I think this recipe represents my state well.
Creamy potato salad loaded with hard-boiled eggs and green onions is a crowd-favorite at parties and potlucks. Reviews for: Photos of Aunt Vi's Red Skinned Potato Salad. Do not over-cook potatoes, or potato salad will be mushy. You can have My Aunt Edna's Shrimp Potato Salad using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Aunt Edna's Shrimp Potato Salad
- Prepare 1 pound of gold potatoes peeled, diced, and boiled.
- You need 1 cup of popcorn shrimp cooked and peeled.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sliced green olives with pimentos.
- You need 1 of small onion diced finely.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need To taste of salt.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of sweet pickle relish.
- It’s 2/3 cup of mayonnaise more or less she did very wet.
- It’s 2 of large boiled eggs chopped.
When potatoes are done drain right away, peel and let cool. Rinse off shrimp in the can, and squeeze dry with can cover before removing from can. Flake shrimp well between fingers and add to potato and veggie. Pat's Aunt Penny has been making this classic potato salad recipe since forever and it's the absolute best potato salad recipe I've ever tasted.
My Aunt Edna's Shrimp Potato Salad instructions
- Cook the potatoes. Let them cool..
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together. Salt the potatoes to taste then add to the shrimp mixture..
- Chill and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
You can nix the yellow onion and substitute green onions in its place and Yukon gold for russet potatoes. This recipe can also be easily be halved for a small. Calling cooked potatoes and a token smattering of vegetables tossed in what's basically seasoned mayonnaise a salad is rather like calling ketchup a There are as many different ways to make tasty potato salad as there are blue-haired great-aunts from whom to learn a recipe; one thing all these. Creamy, soulful Southern potato salad recipe. Made with simple ingredients with old-fashioned flavor.