Plantain pottage and chips. Unripe Plantain Pottage is a yummy Nigerian plantain pottage recipe. Traditionally, Plantain pottage can be prepared using ripe, unripe or Unripe plantain pottage is prepared with just unripe plantain though some people incorporate small amounts of ripe plantain to give it a little bit of sweetness. Hi Lovelies, My love for plantain led me to make this scrumptious pottage with Chicken Gizzard and Smoked Catfish and guess what.
This is important when it comes to baking time, so that all your chips cook evenly. I have been so busy with tasks related to my Healthy Eating Cookbook Lose It Nigerian that I feel like I haven't been blogging as much as I should. Can you believe I don't have a plantain pottage recipe on the blog? You can have Plantain pottage and chips using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Plantain pottage and chips
- It’s of unripe plantain.
- Prepare of Irish potatoes.
- It’s of medium size of dry fish.
- It’s of ugu leaves.
- It’s of spinach.
- It’s of pepper.
- It’s of sweet pepper.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of seasoning cube.
- It’s of tspn of curry.
- You need of tspn of garlic powder.
- You need of of ginger powder.
- Prepare of south palm oil.
- It’s of medium of onion.
- Prepare of tblspn of crayfish.
- It’s of water.
A pot of delicious plantain pottage. Unripe plantains or green plantains as some would call it have become a staple in my kitchen lately and for very Even more interesting is that there is a lot you can do with it – from grilling or roasting whole to making plantain chips or kpekere as we sometimes call it. I'm not sure where the recipe for plantain pottage originated, but this dish is common in Nigeria. From the use of ground crayfish as a seasoning to the use of palm oil, the recipe is very local and authentic.
Plantain pottage and chips step by step
- Soak the dry fish in hot water to get soften and remove the bones and any yama yama inside..
- Wash and grate the peppers.
- Wash and slice the onions.
- Then your seasoning and spices in one place.
- Place the pot on fire and add palm oil,when its hot add onion sauté for 2mins….then add the grated peppers and fry for 5mins..then add in the crayfish,ginger and garlic powder stir it and add in the dry fish.stir it all and add 3cups of water stir cover it and bring to boil for 10-15min on a medium flame..
- After that mins, add in the dice plantain,salt and seasoning cubes stir it gently and cover it to cook for 20-25mins..
- After 20-25mins add in the washed ugu and stir it gently, cover it and give it 5mins…and then add in the washed spinach also stir all gently and give it 5mins to cook….
- And yes you have your delicious aromatical plantain pottage….
- For the potatoes, wash and peel it,slice it and fry in hot groundnut oil with little salt till slightly golden brown..
- And finally its here the plantain pottage and chips garnish with ketchup….enjoy.
Although it is inexpensive to prepare, it is highly nutritious. Plantain Porridge instead of Plantain Pottage. It's archaic as you can see in the definition above. A wide variety of plantain and potatoe chips plant options are available to you This One-Pot Beans and Plantains recipe (bean and plantain pottage) is finger-licking West African street food at its best. One-Pot Beans and Plantains (Bean and Plantain Pottage) – West African Flavours.