Southern Sriracha Potato Salad. Sriracha sauce can be used in many dishes and that's why I want to share with you my recipe for a salad inspired by the Southern U. S using Sriracha sauce, potatoes, eggs and chives. I invite you to try this potato salad recipe with eggs and sriracha.
Creamy, soulful Southern potato salad recipe. Made with simple ingredients with old-fashioned flavor. Ingrid's because it's so creamy with the perfect mayo-mustard ratio. You can have Southern Sriracha Potato Salad using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Southern Sriracha Potato Salad
- Prepare 5 of each Idaho potatoes (2 pounds) — peel, dice cook 3/4 inch.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt.
- You need 3 of eggs — hard boiled 15 minutes, chopped.
- It’s 1 of small onion — finely chopped.
- You need 1 stalk of celery — finely chopped.
- You need 2 tablespoons of parsley — finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 ounces of pickles- chopped or relish — finely chopped.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Sriracha -(Sriracha is a personal thing add more if you like after its done :).
- You need 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 1/3 cup of French's yellow mustard.
She cuts her eggs and potatoes really small so you get a bit of. This creamy potato salad has the perfect balance of tang and savoriness. The bacon adds a nice crunch, making this the a great potato salad for a bbq. Sriracha should be the LAST thing added.
Southern Sriracha Potato Salad step by step
- Place the eggs in boiling water for 15 minutes. Then run under cold water to cool, peel underwater and chop the eggs small..
- Dice the potatoes into 3/4" cubes then place in a saucepan and cover with cold water -1 inch over the potatoes..
- Add salt to the water Bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer. and cook until done about 15 minutes..
- Do not drain off the water until you are sure that the potatoes are done. Then cool the potatoes on a sheet pan in the refrigerator..
- Combine all ingredients and mix well, adjust the seasonings as needed then chill and serve..
Once all ingredients are in the bowl, give the salad a few good folds to combine and coat potatoes. This potato salad with a southern twist is perfect for a church supper or potluck. The pickles add an extra sweetness. O mix my mayo/mustard/sweet relish together and add to the potato salad while the potatoes are still warm. This allows the potatoes to absorb the flavor better.