Fried Plantain Chips (homemade). So, how do you make plantain chips? First, you peel the plantains, then you slice them thinly and you deep fry to perfection. Tips for Making Homemade Plantain Chips.
Unripe Plantain Chips Recipe I am yet to come across a Nigerian who doesn't love plantain chips, where tastes vary is usually in Ripe (Sweet) Vs. I personally prefer unripe plantain chips. I recently decided to start making and storing my own chips, the resulting product is so yum, I had to share. You can have Fried Plantain Chips (homemade) using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried Plantain Chips (homemade)
- You need of Green Plantains.
- You need of Sunflower Oil.
- You need of Salt/Seasoning to taste (I used Himalayan Pink Salt).
These homemade plantain chips are so crispy and incredibly tasty! Also, they are so easy to make. Go into your kitchen and make some! Here is an easy way to make sweet fried plantains using super ripe plantains.
Fried Plantain Chips (homemade) instructions
- Heat oil in fryer.
- Peel and slice Plantains (you can do ribbons or coins).
- Toss in seasoning.
- Fry Plantains till a light golden brown.
- Empty into a bowl with paper towels lined out inside.
- Enjoy (if needed add more salt).
- *Seasoning can be whatever you want. I also used coconut sugar and cinnamon for a sweet batch**.
Cook in coconut oil until crisp. Plantains are starchy and often used as a vegetable the same way we would use a potatoes. It is usually fried or baked. They are very popular in West Africa and Caribbean countries. These baked plantain chips are a healthy, homemade snack for when you're craving something salty and crunchy.