Kneophla soup. Kneophla Soup Food History Kneophla soup is probably my favorite soup. It's a soup I grew up on, and something that is part of my heritage. My wife's family also grew up on it, and when we married.
Bring to a boil in one pot. Read the Kneophla soup discussion from the Chowhound Restaurants, Soup food community. Sign up to discover your next favorite restaurant, recipe, or. You can have Kneophla soup using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kneophla soup
- You need 2-3 of potatoes.
- You need 2 sticks of butter.
- You need 1 of chopped onion.
- You need 12 cups of water.
- Prepare 6 Tbls of granulated chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need to taste of Salt pepper.
- You need 1/2 pint of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 1/4 C of Parsley flakes.
- Prepare of Kneophla dough:.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 of egg.
Some, of the must try are Kneophla Soup, there is a restraunt named Kroll's that is known for it's Kneophla. You can buy it by the bucket full. Lol Next, would be Kraut Bu. Remove from water with kitchen spider and set aside for.
Kneophla soup instructions
- Peel potatoes and cut into quarters. Bring to a boil in one pot..
- In a large soup pot melt butter and sauté chopped onions. Add granulated chicken broth and make a rue. Add the water mixing rue completely..
- Add bay leaves to the water. Start making dough while bring the water to a boil..
- Mix flour, water and egg in a bowl. On a lightly floured surface flip bowl over dumping dough mixture out. Knead dough into a ball. Add flour as needed to make dough not sticky. Cut your ball of dough into workable sizes for your surface. And place back into the bowl..
- Moderately Flour your surface and place one ball of dough on the flour to roll out with a rolling pin. 1/8 thick. Sprinkle top of dough with more flour and rub across the top. (make sure both sides aren’t sticky). Use a pizza cutter to cut dough into SMALL squares. Use a dough scraper to lift kneophla off your surface and place onto a cookie sheet. (Don’t worry about the extra flour). Add to the boiling water and quickly stir to keep them from sticking to each other..
- Repeat until you have added all of your dough..
- Potatoes should be done by now. Drain the water, and lightly mash potatoes and add to the soup..
- Add the cream and bring to a simmer. Remove bay leaves and add a handful of parsley flakes. Stir and enjoy ❤️ add salt and pepper to taste..
- Can be frozen for later..
Kneophla soup is in the works by Brenda Reopelle. We still have a couple spots available for soup makers, volunteer opportunities for those looking to donate their time, and silent auction items. My Knoephla Soup Recipe A Taste Of North Dakota In Iowa Jeni Eats. Knoephla Soup Recipe – A hearty potato and dumpling soup, that will stick to your ribs on those Winter nights – Recipe Diaries. Mary Oien is the head cook at Webos and an old hand at kneading kneophla.