Sweet Potato and Goat's Cheese Samosa. Look at this recipe – Sweet Potato and Goat's Cheese Samosas – from Reza Mahammad and other tasty dishes on Food Network. Grilled stuffed mini peppers with a delicious jalapeño-goat cheese filling. This easy vegetarian appetizer is a little spicy and perfect for entertaining!
Anyway, potatoes are probably why you came here and my husband just read this and informed me the story isn't as funny as I think it is (as I sit, tears I had these potatoes at my friend Divya's house and thought they were brilliant – they tasted just like the filling of a samosa. Such a great idea for an. However, it is well worth it for the flavorful dish that results. You can cook Sweet Potato and Goat's Cheese Samosa using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato and Goat's Cheese Samosa
- Prepare 400 grams of sweet potato (cut into small cubes).
- It’s 200 grams of goat's or feta cheese (cut into small cubes).
- It’s 1 of whole red chilli (finely chopped).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried chilli flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of finely chopped coriander.
- It’s 3 clove of crushed garlic.
- You need 3 of spring onions (chopped).
- Prepare 1 tsp of toasted cumin seeds (crushed).
- It’s 270 grams of fresh filo pastry.
- Prepare 125 grams of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 dash of rock salt and cumin seeds to sprinkle on pastry.
And, leftovers save well refrigerated; you can bake them to reheat! Let us know what you think in the comments below. Mashed sweet potatoes are mixed with goat cheese, butter, sage, and paprika for a savory twist on the traditional Thanksgiving side dish. Place sweet potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil.
Sweet Potato and Goat's Cheese Samosa instructions
- Place the potatoes into a saucepan covered with water and some salt. Bring to the boil, simmer for approx 6-8 minutes until they become tender. Drain into a colander and allow to cool..
- Now add the goat's cheese, spring onions, coriander, garlic, fresh red chilli and crushed cumin. Lightly season with some salt and mix well. Set aside..
- Pre-heat oven to 200C.
- Melt 125g butter. Lay a sheet of filo pastry onto a clear work surface and brush the sheet with melted butter. Place a second sheet on top to fit exactly over the first..
- Now cut the filo pastry into strips approximately 5cms wide, then spoon enough filling into one corner of the strip. Fold the right corner of the strip over to the left side to create a triangle. Continue to fold triangle along the strip until you reach the end and cut off any surplus pastry..
- Brush the samosas liberally with butter and sprinkle some rock salt and cumin seeds on the top side of the samosas. Bake in the oven for approx 12-15 minutes, until pastry is cooked and golden..
- Inspired by tv chef :p.
Easy and Festive Sweet Potato Goat Cheese Appetizer with Cranberries & Honey Balsamic Glaze, finished with a blood orange infused olive oil and I have the best sweet potato rounds with goat cheese appetizer for us! Because I wasn't kidding when I said I couldn't stop baking sweet potatoes! Waitrose & Partners Recipe Card Roasted sweet potato and goats' cheese salad recipe on Waitrose.com. When the sweet potatoes are done, take out of the oven and stir through the quinoa to combine. Transfer to a large serving plate with the spinach, then roughly chop the pecans and.