Scalloped Potato Extender. This classic recipe for scalloped potatoes showcases the flavors of potatoes and onion baked in a creamy sauce. My favorite cheesy, creamy, garlicky, always-delicious scalloped potatoes recipe. Scalloped potatoes may seem complicated and time consuming, but nothing could be further from the truth.
This easy scalloped potatoes from scratch is even better than Grandma's. Here's how to cook it perfectly every time. Try these scalloped potatoes and get more recipe ideas and dinner inspiration from Food.com. You can cook Scalloped Potato Extender using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Scalloped Potato Extender
- You need 1 box of Of scalloped potatoes or potatoes Au gratin (1 bag plus packet).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 2 large of Chicken breasts.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Garlic salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Black ground pepper..
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of Milk.
- It’s 1 cup of Water.
- It’s 8 oz of Frozen broccoli (any frozen veggie is fine).
- Prepare 1/2 can of Cheddar, shredded (any non American cheese will do).
Here's a great scalloped potato recipe that's so easy and absolutely delicious. Have you ever wondered how to make scalloped potatoes from scratch? They are easy to make and their taste is simply unmatched. They are without a doubt one of the most beloved recipes to prepare.
Scalloped Potato Extender step by step
- In a large frying pan heat oil on medium high heat..
- Cube the chicken breast and gently place into the pan. Sprinkle pepper and garlic salt..
- Sear the sides of the chicken well..
- Transfer chicken to a bowl to use later..
- Add the butter to the pan. Be sure to scrape the browning from the chicken..
- Add the milk and water. Bring to a slow simmer stirring frequently..
- Stir in the potatoes and seasoning packet..
- Add the frozen veggies and fold into the potatoes..
- Sprinkle top with cheese, cover and simmer for 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes stir the contents in the pan taking care to scrape the bottom..
- Let sit on the burner for 15 minutes so potatoes can finish absorbing the liquid and get tender..
- For a nice golden "baked look" place uncovered pan under the broiler for about 3 minutes..
- Carefully remove the pan from oven, allow to sit uncovered for 5 minutes before serving..
Classic and creamy, this Scalloped Potatoes Recipe is a little different because it doesn't rely on milk. Thin slices of seasoned potatoes, layered with onion and baked in a buttery milk sauce. I grew up with two basic potato casseroles. If you love potatoes and cheese and want an easy dish that will impress during the holidays, such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Easter, this is it! Parmesan Crusted Scalloped Potatoes-cheesy and creamy layered potatoes with a crispy Parmesan panko crust!