Greek Chicken and Potatoes. All Reviews for Greek Lemon Chicken and Potatoes. This Greek chicken and potatoes is a one pan meal with marinated garlic and herb chicken and tender potatoes, all roasted to golden brown perfection. A super easy dinner for a busy weeknight.
Drizzle any liquid remaining in the bowl on top. Roast the chicken and potatoes until both. Traditional Greek recipes for chicken and potatoes call for roasting a whole bird. You can cook Greek Chicken and Potatoes using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Greek Chicken and Potatoes
- It’s 5 lbs of bone in, skinless chicken thighs, excess fat trimmed.
- Prepare 7 of Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and cut into 2inch chunks.
- You need 1 3/4 TBSP of Kosher salt.
- Prepare 2-2 1/2 TBSP of dried oregano.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 2 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary.
- Prepare 2 pinches of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 1/2 TBSP of garlic powder.
- It’s 3/4 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of and 2/3 cans garlic chicken broth+ splash to deglaze pan.
But for this recipe we're going with bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts and thighs because they are easier to manage and quicker to cook. Besides, bone-in, skin-on pieces feel like a hidden gem next to the more common. You could easily swap the potatoes for sweet potato or other root vegetables or even broccoli, Brussels sprouts or green beans. This is a step-by-step demo of how to make Greek Chicken and potatoes the way my Yiaia did!
Greek Chicken and Potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to °425.
- Mix all ingredients except for chicken, potatoes, and broth in a big measuring cup (or bowl) Microwave potato chunks for approximately 5-10 minutes, just enough to soften before baking..
- Place chicken and potato chunks in large bowl, and pour oil mixture over it. Stir to thoroughly coat all, and let sit about a half an hour for flavors to be absorbed..
- Lightly oil a large roasting pan and place chicken pieces in it, shaking off excess marinade. Then arrange potato chunks around chicken..
- Pour broth over all, then remaining marinade..
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, stir to evenly distribute juices, then continue baking until done, about 23 more minutes..
- Remove from oven and preheat broiler. Remove chicken to plate and wrap with foil to keep warm..
- Place pan with potatoes in broiler for about 3-5 minutes to caramelize, but check every 2 minutes or so to avoid burning..
- When potatoes are done to your likeness, remove from pan. Add splash of broth to pan and scrape brown bits, and deglaze for a few minutes. Serve chicken and potatoes drizzled with pan juices..
- Enjoy your fabulous meal!.
Arrange potatoes around chicken; sprinkle with salt, pepper and remaining oregano. Pour butter and lemon juice over chicken and potatoes. It's perfect for midweek & impressive enough for guests. Don't skip the Greek Looking for a crowd pleasing baked chicken and potatoes dinner? Just throw chicken thighs and potatoes into a pan, pour over a lemon, olive oil and.