Sophie's ham and cheese potato skins. Combine potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, ham, and water/broth in stockpot and bring to boil. Then cook over medium heat until potatoes Stir the cheese mixture into the stockpot and cook until heated through. (I also will break up some of the potatoes for thickness. It gets thicker as it cools.
Check out my super easy delicious recipe for ham and cheese potato skins if interested cashapp is $Bflowee support small business and thank yall for. You'll need: Russet potatoes, shredded cheese, diced ham, butter, salt, and pepper. Once your potatoes are cooled, use a sharp bread knife and cut each potato lengthwise into three segments for each. You can cook Sophie's ham and cheese potato skins using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sophie's ham and cheese potato skins
- It’s 2 medium of sized cold baked potatoes (a bit smaller than a normal jacket potato)..
- It’s 4 tbsp of creme fraiche (I actually used Lake District quark, it's creamier and cheesier).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 of a small onion, chopped.
- You need 40 grams of grated or crumbled cheddar cheese.
- It’s 50 grams of thick cut ham, chopped into small chunks (out chopped cooked bacon if you prefer).
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Follow the recipe for Basic Crispy Potato Skins. Brush insides of potato skins with mustard. Drain and slice peppers or possibly pimientos. Drain and slice peppers or possibly pimientos.
Sophie's ham and cheese potato skins step by step
- Preheat oven to 180°C..
- Cut potatoes in half length ways, and scoop out the middle of the potatoes, taking care not to pierce the skin..
- In a bowl, add the potatoes insides, and all the other ingredients (except your ham)..
- Use a hand blender to mix until creamy and smooth..
- Using a spoon, mix in your ham..
- Spoon the mixture back into the skins..
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins..
- NB: you may wish to top your skins with cheese – I prefer not to, but it's up to you!.
Top with slices of ham and a few strips of pepper/pimiento. In a large stock pot combine potatoes, onion, carrots, peas, ham and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, lower heat to medium, and let cook until potatoes are soft Pour the cheese mixture into the stock pot with the vegetables and ham and stir until completely incorporated. It will get thicker as it cools. This easy and cheesy potato soup is made with ham.