Homemade potato chips with option to make and reheat later the same day!. Great recipe for Homemade potato chips with option to make and reheat later the same day!. We love fresh potato chips, but its a pain if your frying while quests are coming. They make such a great starter with various dips.
Serve plain or with your favorite chip dip. They make such a great starter with various dips. Place potato slices into a large bowl of cold water as you slice. You can have Homemade potato chips with option to make and reheat later the same day! using 3 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade potato chips with option to make and reheat later the same day!
- Prepare 2 lb of large russet potatos, peeled.
- Prepare 4 cups of or more peanut or canola oil for frying. The amount depends on the size of the pan you use. Fill it about 3 inches high of oil, and allow enough room for the oil to expand..
- Prepare to taste of Sea salt and pepper.
Drain, and rinse, then refill the bowl with water, and add the salt. In North America potato chips are commonly eaten with a variety of sandwiches and as a snack. Homemade potato chips provide an even tastier option and can be easily made with all types of potatoes, oil and salt. Although homemade potato chips taste best if you eat them fresh, you may have leftovers.
Homemade potato chips with option to make and reheat later the same day! step by step
- Cut potatos into thin slices, with a sharp knife or mandoline or vegetable peeler, you want them almost paper thin.Have a big bowl of cold water next to you and drop them in the water as you go..
- Rinse potatos by draining in colander then back in bowl with clean water about 3 times until water is no longer cloudy.Drain and dry on paper towels or kitchen towel. This step removes some starch and makes crispy potatos..
- While your drying potatos heat oil to 375.
- Fry potatos in oil until golden, do not crowd them remove as they turn golden. The time really depends on how thin you cut them.Remove as done to paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.Either serve immediatly or follow how to reheat below..
- TO REHEAT.
- Spread chips in a single layer on cookie sheet. Preheat the oven to 350. Bake 5 minutes until just hot..
- You can fry the potatos in the morning, drain on paper towels spread on cookie sheet for up to 12 hours before baking. They will soften, but will crispy and delicious after 5 minutes in the oven..
- Serve as is or with your favorite dips, ranch, garlic herb, blue cheese, cheddar, french onion just to list a few!.
Homemade potato chips are best eaten straight out of the fryer or on the same day as they are made. But if you make too many or need to prepare them ahead of time, they can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days. Using a vegetable peeler or metal cheese slicer, cut potatoes into very thin slices. Place in a large bowl; add ice water and salt. Flavored with black pepper or red chilli powder, it is perfectly spicy and seasoned for my taste buds.