Potato cakes with dill and smoked salmon (canapé). Arrange the potato pancakes on a platter. Serve warm, with the dill cream, smoked salmon and caviar. These crisp potato pancakes seem to hark back to Puck's Austrian heritage, so serving them with an Austrian wine feels appropriate—especially since dry Riesling's.
Best of all is the spicy dill-garlic dip for these bite-sized breakfast patties/pancakes! Looking for low carb recipes instead? There's no need to add salt to the water as the smoked salmon will provide the required Chop the smoked salmon and mix with the mashed potatoes, dill, lemon zest, horseradish and capers, if using, and season with salt and pepper. You can have Potato cakes with dill and smoked salmon (canapé) using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato cakes with dill and smoked salmon (canapé)
- It’s 1 kg of potatoes.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- You need 2 of medium brown onions, chopped finely.
- It’s of Chopped fresh dill.
- Prepare 200 g of soured cream.
- Prepare 75 g of plain flour.
- You need of Smoked salmon.
I tossed the potatoes with just a touch of mayonnaise and some tangy yogurt, and added plenty of dill and shallots. This creamy dressing keeps the shallots and dill swirled around the potato chunks as you skewer them with just a little slice of salmon (fold it around the potato if you want to be fancy). Once you've got the sweet potato salmon cakes cooking and the Brussels roasting, mix all of the creamy dill sriracha sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. I'm such a fan of dill and the joining of that with sriracha sauce is really addicting.
Potato cakes with dill and smoked salmon (canapé) step by step
- Boil potatoes until tender, drain.mash potato until smooth. Cool 10min..
- Meanwhile fry onion until soft.add onion with chopped dill and 80g of soured cream, stir to combine.using hands shape potato mixture into patty-shaped cakes, coat in flour..
- Heat oil in large frying pan and cook potato cakes until browned lightly both sides.divide extra soured cream and salmon among potato cakes, top with dill springs..
This sauce is fabulous with the cakes as well as the. Potato cakes with smoked salmon and a soft boiled egg is a lovely little recipe and great for a lazy brunch; packed full of contrasting texture and Boil the potatoes in salted water until just cooked. Drain well and, when cool enough to handle, grate on the coarse side of a cheese grater into a mixing. These delicious savoury potato pancakes are absolutely beautiful enjoyed with smoked salmon and dill cream. Place whole potatoes in medium saucepan, barely cover with cold water; cover pan, bring to the boil.