Pressure cooker Mashed Potatoes. Creamy Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes. Fluffy, creamy butter garlic smashed potatoes with cheese No doubt, homemade mashed potatoes wins the crown as one of my favorite comfort food. I can seriously eat this everyday.
It might just be the next best thing – right after sliced bread. Ok, I might be a bit dramatic, but this is a game changer for. These fluffy mashed potatoes, rich with butter and milk, are seasoned perfectly with kosher salt and white pepper. You can cook Pressure cooker Mashed Potatoes using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pressure cooker Mashed Potatoes
- You need 2-3 lbs of potatoes (as many as you like).
- You need of Water to just cover potatoes.
- Prepare to taste of butter.
- Prepare of milk to taste and thickness.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
Pressure cooker mashed potatoes in your Instant Pot, Crockpot Express or Ninja Foodi. It's one of our favorite side dish Instant Pot recipes. 😉. Making mashed potatoes in the pressure cooker is incredibly easy, and fast! It was the first thing I learned to pressure cook and I still boil potatoes in it at least once a week – mashed potatoes for cold weather and potato salad for when it's warm outside! making mashed potatoes every kind of way, these days, it's all about the electric pressure cooker.
Pressure cooker Mashed Potatoes instructions
- Peel, wash and cut potatoes.
- Add to inter pot, put water in the pot to where it just covers the potatoes, and some salt 1tsp (or so a pinch.)Cook for 10 min with a natural release.
- Drained off water. In a bowl make up the mashed potatoes. Don’t make them in the inter pot..
- I used a hand mixer added some butter and milk. Adding sour cream is good too, makes it creamy..
- I have edited this recipe to where you can make whatever you need for your size of family or just a single severing. For less potatoes 1 cup of water will work. I have been making my mashed potatoes like this ever since I got my first pressure cooker over a year ago..
- See picture for cook times I did 10 mins. If using more potatoes than picture add to cooking time… for 3-4 cut potatoes cut small 6 mins and up should work. You may have to play with cooking time each pressure cooker is different and you have to find what ones best for you… I had to make mine 3 different times before I found what works best..(it’s better to under cook it, an add time to it, than to over cook them).
The potatoes come out perfectly every time, and it's What Kind of Potatoes To Use. Russets make for great mashed potatoes because they are starchy, but you can also use Yukon gold potatoes. Potatoes in the pressure cooker, easy easy easy. peel as many potatoes as you want, cut them into quarters. Put about an inch of water in the pressure. For classic mashed potatoes, our go-to is the russet.