You can have Potato Wedges using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato Wedges
- It’s of powder mix.
- It’s 6 of Medium Potatoes.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 5 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sage powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of paprika powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of for frying.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of canola oil.
- Prepare of Dip.
- It’s 5 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- You need 5 tbsp of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 slice of squeezed lemon wedge.
- You need 1/2 tsp of tabasco sauce.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of egg wash.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of water.
Potato Wedges step by step
- Wash potatoes with sponge to get rid of dirt. Do not peel. Slice in to wedges..
- Prepare the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly altogether in a shallow bowl..
- Put egg in to a bowl add the water and beat lightly..
- Set up your station. Arrange the bowls in order to avoid mess in your kitchen. From right to left. Potatoes, egg wash, powder mix, extra bowl for coated potatoes. Use your right hand to dip the potatoes in eggwash first then put in the powder mix bowl. Using your left hand, coat or dust the potatoes and place it into the empty bowl. Set aside..
- Let's make the dip! Chop the garlic. In a small bowl or container, mix mayonnaise, ketchup, garlic, lemon and tabasco. Season with salt..
- Heat oil in a deep pan. To know if your oil is ready, dip a wooden spoon, the oil should bubble around the stick, If it does then you are ready to fry..
- When the oil is ready. Deep fry the coated potatoes until golden brown. Remove cooked potatoes from oil, place in a strainer to drain excess oil.Serve while hot and enjoy!.